Hello all

• Replies:7
Stephen Kiley
  • Forum posts: 8

Oct 14, 2013, 10:40:18 AM via Website

Hello all!

I'm new here, so please be nice.

I have a website that is designed to share app ideas (but won't promote here) so am keen to get ideas for how the site can be more useful and in particular, really good ways to promote it.

I've also learnt a few lessons myself, so hopefully I can make a positive contribution too.

Stephen.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 14, 2013, 10:47:59 AM via Website

Hi Stephen, welcome to the forums! What kind of app ideas are you interested in? Ideas for new apps? If so, here's one: a fully functional Facebook replacement app that doesn't have so many permissions I have to name my first born after you. I feel like there's no really impressive alternatives available, and the ones that are good want so many permissions it makes my skin crawl (the same permissions I don't want to give the official Facebook app).

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Stephen Kiley

Oct 14, 2013, 1:02:30 PM via Website

Hi Kris,

I'm interested in all types of ideas, essentially because I can't come up with many great ideas myself, so I want to see what else is out there.

I think your idea is really good, and something that more than just yourself will be keen on because I am sensing that people are starting to react against Facebook and how it is able to use your information for its benefit.

Have a look at my site, and if you want to see if anyone else out there likes your idea, put it up and see what happens.

Stephen.

Amy R.
  • Forum posts: 238

Oct 14, 2013, 3:51:22 PM via App

Hey Stephen,

I tried to access your site yesterday but DuckDuckGo seach doesn't register your site on their list. Thought you would like to know.

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

Stephen Kiley

Oct 14, 2013, 10:35:30 PM via Website

Thanks Amy, what did you search for specifically using DuckDuckGo?

And did you try to get to the site typing the address in directly, and did that work? If it did, what did you think of the site, and ideas or suggestions for improvement?

Amy R.

Oct 15, 2013, 3:16:19 PM via App

Stephen Kiley

And did you try to get to the site typing the address in directly, and did that work? If it did, what did you think of the site, and ideas or suggestions for improvement?

I typed in the address directly. I only use DuckDuckGo for web searches.

It might be because it is a new site. You might want to go to their community platform (DuckDuckGo Community Platform) and request them to include your site in future search results. They're good when it comes to these inquiries so it shouldn't be a problem :)

— modified on Oct 15, 2013, 3:21:59 PM

Amy R.

Oct 15, 2013, 3:16:30 PM via App

Stephen Kiley

I typed in the address directly. I only use DuckDuckGo for web searches.

It might be because it is a new site. You might want to go to their community platform and request them to include your site in future search results. They're good when it comes to these inquiries so it shouldn't be a problem :)

Stephen Kiley

Oct 17, 2013, 7:40:51 AM via Website

Thanks Amy, duly notified them.