Jazz Music

• Replies:6
Amy R.
  • Forum posts: 238

Oct 29, 2013, 5:53:02 PM via App

Ok, in the fear that I'm potentially spamming up the "Classical Music" thread, I've created one for ANY kind of jazz music you're into.

I love jazz and listen to everything from Tin Pan Alley to crazy improving and electric.

Anyone here who likes or listens to jazz (type, artist, and/or tune)? Let me know and I will tell you mine.

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 29, 2013, 10:13:50 PM via Website

I love crazy improv, and there's plenty of weird gigs going down in Berlin, but I generally like Charlie Parker, Thelonious, Miles, Charlie Mingus, Coltrane and Gillespie, all the obvious legends. Lots of cool younger jazz musos I never remember the names of because I've had one or two too many milks at the gig...ahem! Blue Note and plenty of blues standards, all the way through Muddy Waters, Hendrix, Billie Holiday, Howlin Wolf, John lee Hooker...but now I'm entering another thread! I'm pretty basic with my tastes because I never have the spare time to explore the fringes, but some of my friends could fill this list beyond belief!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Amy R.

Oct 29, 2013, 11:32:58 PM via App

All Awesome! Thelonious Monk especially. I tend not to differentiate between styles. Don't get me started on blues, I'll start spamming up my own thread. :P

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

Oct 30, 2013, 2:08:56 PM via Website

I love blues! But I still haven't gotten around to those jazz recommendations yet, because currently I'm playing rap! Beautiful Eulogy -- dang, they're talented. My favorite rapper is still probably Lecrae or KB, but I think this group is brilliant.
Aren't we eclectic Android-lovers?? :)

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Amy R.

Oct 30, 2013, 3:26:05 PM via App

@ HowDoYouAndroid.com-Haha, truly. I listen too waay too much of everything! But most jazz and blues (especially delta blues) really does it for me. What am I talking about? I'm sucked into folk and indie right now. I'm listening to Leo Kottke and Tommy Emanuel lately!!! Yay, I listen to WAY too much of everything......................

— modified on Oct 30, 2013, 7:58:27 PM

Amy R.

Oct 30, 2013, 8:23:03 PM via App

Well, I'm also really digging Wylton Marsalis right now with a lot of Django Reinhardt in between

Amy R.

Nov 1, 2013, 4:37:49 PM via App

WOW, so no one else here listens to jazz. Well that's disappointing...............