How to re-access photos from my mistakenly formatted Android phone?

• Replies:2
CarlCIGA320
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 14, 2013, 4:22:45 AM via Website

Hello, everyone there! I hope I can find a practical solution for my problem here.
Yesterday, my little daughter mistakenly formatted my Android phone and erased all my saved photos there. But, some of them were newly taken and had not been uploaded to my computer. Is it still possible for me to re-access them on this formatted android phone? If it is possible, what should I do? I really need your detailed answers.
Thank you in advance!

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Nov 14, 2013, 11:38:14 AM via Website

Hi Carl!

We had the same thing happen to another user just this past week.

Here is the link to that forum thread which holds many solutions to your problem from us and other users as well.

Let me know if you found a solution to your problem among the few proposed solutions mentioned in that thread.

CarlCIGA320
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 20, 2013, 3:47:26 AM via Website

Actually, I also ever encountered the similar data recovery problem. At the time, I stupidly formatted my Samsung phone by chance and all the stored photos on the inner memory card were also erased as you. But, after searching and reading some related threads and articles, I knew that a data recovery program can be a good way for me to go on.

So, In order to get back my data, I directly tried some data recovery freeware mentioned in some popular form threads and articles, such as Recuva, Power Data Recovery, iCare Data Recovery Free and more. They worked well on my computer and finally restored all my wanted data back.
So, when I see your thread, I just cannot help telling you my experiences.

PS: In the future, you should never forget to save at least two copies of your important data on separate drives or memory cards in case of the similar data recovery problems, just like me.

— modified on Nov 20, 2013, 3:48:30 AM