Google voice search - 'Ok Google'

• Replies:2
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 14, 2013, 11:44:07 AM via Website

With the most recent update to Google Search (3.1.8) everyone (at least in the US for now) can say Ok Google from any homescreen. Do you use Google voice search, or will you use it more now that it's voice activated?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

Nov 14, 2013, 3:28:09 PM via Website

Looking forward to experimenting with this... haven't touched it yet. But I was waiting for it :) How are you liking it?

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 14, 2013, 3:41:17 PM via Website

I'm digging it, to be honest. I still think the Moto X's ''always listening'' aspect is much better, but it has a dedicate language core especially for that purpose. A lot of the editors here think it's pointless if you still have to turn your phone on (and be on a homescreen or in Google Now) to use voice search, but considering I could have used it before by pressing the button and never did, and the fact I know use it a bit, it's obviously better than it was before in terms of getting people to actually use it. The funny thing is it doesn't always understand my Australian accent, and the new Google Search keeps asking me questions and misinterpreting my replies!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting