Thank you for this. I have spent over 13 hours on the phone with Verizon and Samsung about the 4.3 issue. Still, nobody will own things. I used to work doing cell hardware and applications testing (I mention this for the guy who accused us of abusing our phones). I've done a Kies job and a factory reset (regrettably). I just hung up with Samsung (again) and they said that for a charge of $70.36 they will fix my phone - as long as there's no physical damage. My phone is pristine. In fact, this mess has screwed up my Spigen bevel-edged screen protector and the Spigen case. How can they charge me $70 for a problem they caused? I am a geek and have loved this phone more than any piece of electronics I have owned over the past 50 years. The Samsung rep kept giving me the party line about my S3 being 17 monts old/not being under warranty, blah, blah, blah. I kept saying that it was not warranty issue. It was as if I had a perfectly working phone on my desk and they walked in with a hammer, gave it a whack, and then told me that I must pay them to repair it. They tried to blame Verizon. I am pissed. Here are about half of the symptoms my poor S3 has suffered from since the day of the update in early January 2014:Flash blinking for incoming calls and texts
. I nearly blinded myself and oncoming drivers as it was on an "i-mount" on my dash. This is the only problem that has been fixed.Number pad vanishing
or not registering selectionsScreen vanishing randomly
(difficult to distinguish from power problem below).Contacts
- many missing, many linked in truly bizarre fashions. Whenever I select a contact the screen pops back to the top of the list before you can read or select anything.Text messages
do the same thing - must scroll forever to reach most recent message from any given sender.POWER
- using while plugged in power will drop from 100% to ~90% in about 15 minutes. Sometimes gets too hot to touch. Sometimes powers off and indicates battery is dead when discharges so quickly (easily confused with screen vanishing above).Bluetooth
- used with 5 or so devices daily. Now a hopeless mess. Sometimes can pair with phone, but will not connect with anything else (have removed/added repeatedly).WiFi
- not seeing networks. seeing networks now but not 3 minutes from now. telling me valid passwords are invalid. generally not connecting, ETC.3G/WiFi/4G
- can't make up its mind. No mobile data signal.Apps vanished
- passwords vanished from ALL apps that required one (i.e., HBOGo, STARZ, Netflix, Mail)Widgets
- I have only ever used ONE widget. Now each page is plastered with them - for apps I have never used.Music
plays randomly.Voice recognition/S-Voice
are messed up.
Thank you. I feel a little bit better now. Have any of you paid Samsung to fix your phone for this update?
— modified on Feb 7, 2014 12:04:23 AM