Samsung's botched Android 4.3 update fiasco - share your problems, rants, feelings

• Replies:147
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 18, 2014 10:55:12 PM via Website

Well since the update to 4.4.2 the GPS refuses to operate correctly. All of the 20 something reps in the stores think the map function is the same as GPS. Is there no one who understands how the GPS works?? Samsung S3. I believe it is a breach of contract.

Aug 28, 2014 5:48:26 PM via Website

did this work as I am having the same problem

• Forum posts: 11

Sep 1, 2014 7:25:34 AM via Website

I have the same problem too! Annoying. :(

• Forum posts: 4

Jan 9, 2015 6:45:05 AM via Website

Kris Carlon

The Samsung Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S3 and S4 has been one of the worst manufacturer updates ever.

The official update has caused many problem, including:

Appalling battery life, even when charging
Screen blackouts
Voice recognition broken
Wi-Fi instability problems, constant reconnecting
Wi-Fi guest network login problems
Constant switching between 3G/4G and Wi-Fi networks
Text messaging contact issues
Verizon car charger does not work
Mobile data icon missing
Music player self-launching
Bluetooth audio cutting out
Slower performance
Widget problems, Air View not working
Screen rotation broken

Share the problems you're experiencing (or not, if you're one of the lucky ones), any fixes you've found and what you think about Samsung's response to the problems you're facing.

I had a Samsung Galaxy S 3 right before the one I have now, and It definitely has problems holding the battery charge, as did the last one. Both phones also had/ have almost zero connectivity in and around my house, which is supposedly in a perfect location for the signal, so I have to use WiFi calling in order to send texts and make calls, which is a pain. But, the worst thing about that problem, is that I have to walk at least all the way to the end of my block to send pictures, especially ones deemed MMS type messages. I have had my carrier try everything they could think of already, which included sending me two "new" phones. The last phone went crazy, I believe because of a virus, and when I had it factory reset it just stopped and froze, and was basically broken. Both of these phones had/ have version 4.3, and I am praying to everyone and their mother that nothing happens to my current phone, because my carrier most definitely won't send me another one this time if it does, and I wouldn't be able to afford even a refurbished one like I have now.:'( ( Originally from a post by Kris Carlon)

— modified on Jan 9, 2015 6:46:15 AM

• Forum posts: 2

Jun 3, 2015 12:58:55 AM via Website

And add that over half of my gmail files went missing!!!!
WTF?

• Forum posts: 2

Jun 3, 2015 2:39:07 AM via Website

Danny Lam

Appalling battery life, even when charging - Nope battery life even better with the update.
Screen blackouts - Haven't experienced a screen blackout.
Voice recognition broken - It works, maybe yours is broken?
Wi-Fi instability problems, constant reconnecting - Wifi as consistent as 4.2.2.
Wi-Fi guest network login problems - Nope
Constant switching between 3G/4G and Wi-Fi networks - Nope when I'm on wifi, I'm on wifi, no 3G/4G being used.
Text messaging contact issues - Had the issue when I first upgraded to 4.3, but it seems to have resolved itself now.
Verizon car charger does not work - AT&T bitches!
Mobile data icon missing - This is missing when I upgraded, but I never used it so I never have cared for it.
Music player self-launching - I was afraid of this happening but nope.
Bluetooth audio cutting out - Haven't used bluetooth yet.
Slower performance - I think you misspelled faster.
Widget problems, Air View not working - Widgets work, Air View works.
Screen rotation broken - Screen rotates as it should.

Now the real question is wtf are you guys doing to your phones to where all these issues occur?! Jeez.

I don't know about those guys but nothing I did caused the problems. Some things were just needing to be reset (having the screen rotation button set to off by the update, ditto with the sync button) but of course why the update WOULD turn those off....looks like sloppy work to me.....

but the missing widgets? True. The missing gmail files? True. Bad battery life? True (Samsung Galaxy 4S)

Just because You havent had a problem doesn't mean it isn't real.

• Forum posts: 79

Oct 7, 2016 1:47:10 PM via Website

Shocking battery life, notwithstanding while charging - Nope battery life surprisingly better with the redesign.

Screen power outages - Haven't encountered a screen power outage.

Voice acknowledgment broken - It works, possibly yours is broken?

Wi-Fi shakiness issues, steady reconnecting - Wifi as predictable as 4.2.2.

Wi-Fi visitor system login issues - Nope

Consistent exchanging between 3G/4G and Wi-Fi systems - Nope when I'm on wifi, I'm on wifi, no 3G/4G being utilized.

Content informing contact issues - Had the issue when I initially moved up to 4.3, however it appears to have determined itself now.

Verizon auto charger does not work - AT&T bitches!

Versatile information symbol missing - This is missing when I updated, however I never utilized it so I never have watched over it.

Music player self-propelling -

Oct 14, 2016 1:05:15 AM via Website

Hi I down loaded the latest update
Since then when I am called I do not have the callers name displayed as before only the callers number
Why is this ?
Can you help ????