Samsung's botched Android 4.3 update fiasco - share your problems, rants, feelings

• Replies:147
Bob Whitley
  • Forum posts: 4

Feb 12, 2014, 10:32:10 AM via Website

Is anyone else experiencing a loss of the device's ability to remember words, sentences and even paragraphs? Ever since I got 4.3 my S3 doesn't have all my words, phrases and paragraphs it use to recall without any problem. I run a B&B and answer inquiries with the same basic messages. I use to be able to just type the first word of a paragraph and it would feed me the rest, so each word was just one touch. Now, it can't even remember my 3 letter name. Any ideas on a fix?

HayzieDayz

Abood Kanaan
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 16, 2014, 10:00:24 PM via Website

I've just updated my GS3 to 4.3 and I have these problems I've noticed so far:
1- the music player wont work
every time I start it they say unfortunately music has stopped
2- the weather widget does not work
3- every time i shut down the phone the screen freeze for about 3 minuets and then it's shut
4- every time i start the phone the sumsung sign does not appear and the screen remain black also for about 3 minuets and then the phone is started

don't know what to do.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Feb 16, 2014, 11:49:15 PM via App

Bob Whitley
Is anyone else experiencing a loss of the device's ability to remember words, sentences and even paragraphs? Ever since I got 4.3 my S3 doesn't have all my words, phrases and paragraphs it use to recall without any problem. I run a B&B and answer inquiries with the same basic messages. I use to be able to just type the first word of a paragraph and it would feed me the rest, so each word was just one touch. Now, it can't even remember my 3 letter name. Any ideas on a fix?

With a system update the input cache may be erased, so your saved words or phrases could be lost. You'll probably need to enter them again, to be honest. For future reference, there are a few apps that can save and restore your personal dictionary across updates and even devices.

Sinkster

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 18, 2014, 9:25:58 PM via Website

OMG!! I have had all of the problems mentioned on this blog and I just discovered a new one... I couldn't figure out why my phone will stop charging sometimes even though it's plugged in. I have it on the charger now and when I received a text message the "device plugged in" alert sound started going off repeatedly as if I were unplugging it and plugging it in repeatedly. I looked at the display to try to see what was going on and it showed that the device was no longer charging. So weird!!

Distinctive Limo

Feb 20, 2014, 12:57:12 PM via Website

My update went through about 6 weeks ago. I am a chauffeur and there is nothing worse in being stuck on the road with a dead phone that WILL NOT charge. I just spent the past 20 hours confirming backup and migration of 5000+ contacts plus texts and phone logs to perform a factory reset at AT&T suggested. I did the factory reset and hard reset and then went into Odin to root the phone. After fighting with Knox to verify the root and complaining to the person on chat at Samsung, I finally was able to find an alternate version of SuperSU which actually worked. The guy at Samsung told me it was my phone and I needed to send it in for service. I said that I didn't think it was my phone because the problems started IMMEDIATELY upon completion of the forced upgrade. It isn't so much the fact that it doesn't charge half the time but it's even worse that it drains the battery so quickly. I can go through a 50% charge of a battery in about 5 hours WITHOUT even using the phone. I will NEVER buy another Samsung product.

Deactivated Account

Feb 20, 2014, 3:09:03 PM via Website

Agree Distinctivelimo! I plug my phone in expecting it to charge and sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. AT&T keeps telling me that it's my phone going bad even though it worked great until the day of the upgrade. They're such a rip-off! They had the b@ll$ to make me sign a waiver that if anything happened to my phone when they installed the patch (which didn't fix everything), that they didn't have to replace or repair the phone. WTF??? They pushed the stupid update, fragged a lot of the data on my phone because Kies doesn't reliably back-up everything (app data, configurations, etc) and because I am not paying for extended warrantee they're not liable for something that THEY did? I'm changing phone service AND smartphone brands as soon as I can, but I'm praying to the God of all things holy that this POS doesn't crash before the 8 months is up. What crap.

hatib

Feb 22, 2014, 7:47:32 AM via App

hi kris, a suggestion required.

I happened to be a victim of the great android 4.3 update debacle and manged to overcome the ordeal by following the useful information u happily shared with us. My main issue (I.e heavy battery drainage) got resolved and m apparently very much satisfied. Until recently, i had received an other OTA update sized 21MB. Now the BIG question is, should I go for this update or NOT ?? wats ur call kris ? or should I wait for kitkat ? plz give ur valuable advice.

Thanks.

Schuyler Sandheinrich
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 5, 2014, 2:31:57 PM via Website

I have MetroPCS and Galaxy S3. This is what I see.

Appalling battery life, even when charging
Voice recognition broken
Wi-Fi instability problems, constant reconnecting
Bluetooth audio cutting out
Slower performance

When is Kitkat available???

MaRto Todorov

Mar 5, 2014, 10:41:20 PM via Website

I have this problem for a month now (after it updated to 4.3) on my Galaxy S3... Some of my contacts from the Device list just disappear. If I'm lucky I can find them in the SIM or in my Google account (thank god I finally decide to sync after the 3rd time it happend, not a fan of syncing thou) and bring them back to the device list. So i suggest it happens when I connect my phone to PC (I charge it this way, cause it's easier) Since 4.3 there's no Kies app on the phone, just Kies 3 for the PC which I DONT use, just connect it like a flash memory. So what can I do, besides full reset?

MaRto Todorov

Mar 7, 2014, 1:11:07 PM via Website

Well, I figured it out. It's not the anroid, it's Viber. I didn't realize it till yesterday. In Viber I see my contacts double. Some of them are even triple. So when I open Viber I always delete the duplicate contacts - manually. Then after a while I get the missing contacts from the phone. After that I get them back to the phone, I again open Viber and see the duplicate contacts and I again delete them cause it's annoying! I told my friends with android phones and they tried the same - the result was also the same... So don't delete the duplicate numbers from Viber, cause it'll delete them from your phone!

Trina T

Mar 12, 2014, 1:41:04 PM via Website

Colin Buckland
Last week I installed Android 4.3 on my Galaxy S3 in Australia. I have some of the problems discussed but the main ones are:
1) battery burn -- I have installed Batter Doctor to fix. Too early to see results but hopeful;
2) Cannot access contacts or make calls (get a blank screen even on pressing key pad). Get a message "Contact list is being updated" but it never finishes????? I wonder if this is the main reason for the heavy battery burn?

The last problem is major. I know my contacts or at least Favorites are still in the phone as sometimes I can see them. But while it says the contact list is being updated I cannot make calls, get favorites, or contacts. What is going on? Does someone have a fix for this, it is very frustrating.

PLease help.

Hi Colin, same thing happens to my contacts since the "upgrade". I'm also in Australia. Have you since been able to find a fix? I'd hate to have to make an emergency phone call with this problem!

Same black screen happens to my Facebook app. Cannot press anything whilst it is frozen except to turn off the screen.

Other issues with the upgrade are:

- notifications for messages sometimes shows as unread even though I've read them...until the next message comes through.
- phone heats up when it has to "think" a lot
- delayed typing
- widget for my task list is gone
- wifi constantly disconnects and requires sign-in

Hope we get the patch in Australia soon!

Trina

JhowNM

Mar 12, 2014, 2:34:22 PM via App

I didn't get any problem with the 4.3 uldate. However I like much more the 4.4 update than the 4.3... My S4 now have the Android that deserves to it...

hatem mahmoud

Mar 15, 2014, 11:30:39 PM via Website

my problem is with accessibility and switching between language in the keyboard , if i turned on any app in the accessibility , the feature of switching language in the space bar is stop working. don't know what to do... any help

Greg Bell

Mar 18, 2014, 7:44:03 AM via Website

So far, worsened battery life, voice control of the camera no longer available, slow running, sd card no longer available in gallery for moving photos or viewing.
Have no faith that patches will be released.
Going to buy lemon colored case to house my new lemon.
Am in NZ.

— modified on Mar 18, 2014, 7:45:41 AM

usman

Mar 20, 2014, 1:47:56 PM via Website

I have Samsung s 3 software 4.2.2 i need this to downgrade because now my phone was going to held too much i want to downgrade with original Samsung S 3 software. Please provide me a detail how can i do this

I am waiting for your ans

Anji

Mar 20, 2014, 4:45:04 PM via Website

The list of issues I have been having with the new Android 4.3 update seem to be endless. I wish I could roll back to the previous version, but I am to scared, something else might just go wrong. All other issues one can live with but this particular issue, I do not know how to over come. Definitely need a 32 GB SC card, but cannot use one.

A few days after the update I kept getting a message "SD CARD UNEXPECTEDLY REMOVED" and the battery started draining out very fast. I was suggested by the Samsung service centre that the battery life has finished so I should change it. I bought a brand new battery but the problem persisted the Samsung service centre was of no help they made me change the cable, the charger.... basically they made me change everything one by one. the problem persisted. Finally after a lot of research on the internet I figured the reason for the message and the battery drain.

The update had corrupted a few files on the 32 GB Micro SD Card and the OS was constantly hunting for these corrupted files hence the battery was being drained at a super sonic speed. The minute I removed the SD Card the battery stopped draining, Now the SD Card has also gotten corrupted. So now I have lost the SD Card also and I don't know if I can put a new SD card, am scared that too might get corrupted....... HELP......

Other problems :

- Phone heating up
- randomly showing 2 missed calls or 3 wen actually there is only 1 missed call
- Charging is a big hassle sometimes it charges within 2-3 hours and sometimes it takes 8-9 hours
- Lock Screen Swipe is a problem too

— modified on Mar 20, 2014, 4:53:58 PM

HayzieDayz

Mar 31, 2014, 5:03:10 AM via Website

Hi @Bob Whitley
I have the exact same problem! It's very frustrating isn't it!
My device used to remember a whole previously typed text message and as you said, it now doesn't even
remember my name! Just wondering if you had come across a way to fix this!
Thanks a million!! :-D

— modified on Mar 31, 2014, 5:05:16 AM

Cyrus MD

Apr 2, 2014, 6:07:35 PM via Website

Kris, what about syncing with Outlook, after the 4.3 update, I have not been able to sync with Outlook. The syncing goes through the whole process and show me the adds and the deletes but nothing is updated on the phone. I have also used Kies but no luck. If you know of a way around, I will be glad to hear about it. Shame on Samsung to put an update out that screwed up a lot of people.

Paulie K.
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 3, 2014, 12:56:42 AM via Website

Has anyone heard that 4.3 is not compatible with task managers? I had an awesome app and my phone wouldn't start and tech support claimed Samsung told them this and the phone didn't need a task manager.

Anyone heard this or noticed a problem clashing with task manager?

Suan No

Apr 8, 2014, 11:11:05 AM via Website

How to uninstall android 4.3 for note2

Suan No

Apr 8, 2014, 11:19:30 AM via Website

Kris Carlon
How to uninstall android 4.3 for note2

angelisme

Apr 10, 2014, 12:48:33 PM via Website

FIX for Horrible Battery Life &/or 3G/4G Signal (dropped / missed calls) after ALL firmware updates for Samsung Galaxy S3

Apparently it sporadically happens to various lucky users after all firmware updates including the latest to 4.3!!  Though the link references problems after a 2013 update, it explains why the wrong setting "Global Network" sucks the life out of your battery and your signal switches from 3G to 4G or none at all!  
*admin edit: links are forbidden*

Apparently, my settings had never been altered until this last update, almost 2 months later and I've had 4G constantly since I changed my settings! 

Verizon & other carriers, I think you need to train your folks on this SIMPLE EASY to FIX issue instead of ???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

— modified on Apr 10, 2014, 1:02:54 PM by moderator

Samantha Poole

Apr 14, 2014, 10:00:50 AM via Website

Ok. so my phone automatically updated to 4.3 last night and ever since my head is aching. I now can't access Facebook at all through the app. It is freezing constantly to the point I have to take the battery out. I am even struggling to back up all of my data due to the freezing so that I can reset it to factory settings. Is there anyway to get rid of the update?

— modified on Apr 14, 2014, 10:01:16 AM

Silvia D'Silva

Apr 23, 2014, 5:58:31 PM via Website

After I updated my phone to 4.3 I cannot access my CONTACTS, MESSAGES n my CLOCK icon. It shows a warning "Unfortunately, contacts has stopped"

please help. Thank u Silvia

Lance Bonett

Apr 29, 2014, 6:45:29 AM via Website

in regards to phone no longer remembering phrases or sentences during predictive text i have found the same issue and i just this second fixed it by going into:

settings/my device tab/language and input/samsung keyboard (settings icon on right of it) then make sure predictive text is on and hold finger on 'predictive text' for a few seconds until more options appear.. now make sure 'Personalised Data' is ticked... fixed mine almost immediately even without having to re type half my sentences first again... hope this helps

lance

— modified on Apr 29, 2014, 6:47:17 AM

Alicia Robb

May 3, 2014, 7:51:46 AM via Website

I have a s3 and since the upgrade my apps dont work correctly, it just says it stopped working and closes.
My phone also started to switch off anytime and then restarts, but sometimes it only stays on the startup. It starts with the samsung, then goes black. Then samsung again. I have to take the battery out before it will start up. What can I do?

I'm clueless when it comes to resets and stuff. I did backup with kies, but it only gives the option for pictures... what about the rest? Please help me!

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

May 12, 2014, 11:18:16 AM via Website

Unfortunately if you're on Android 4.3 you now have Samsung's Knox security platform installed, which means downgrading is no longer an option, at least not officially and without losing your warranty. There's steps you can take to limit Knox or disable it, which you can find by searching ''Android 4.3 Knox'' on our site, but if you are not rooted and don't want to mess with your warranty you don't have many options. You can upgrade to other official firmware but downgrading back to 4.2.2 is not possible (at least as far as I know).

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

BBB

May 17, 2014, 2:16:50 AM via Website

I basically experienced the same rubbish regarding my s3. screw samsung

SCi Fi

May 29, 2014, 9:50:38 AM via Website

@BBB I totally agree with you, I feel Samsung have done this purposely to make us buy new phones. S3 was too good a phone and the only way they could get us to upgrade was to mess with the firmware. Samsung can go fuck em themselves.

I feel that they could of placed the 4.1.2 as an optional upgrade and called it 4.3.1 to fix the problems, but they wont cos they know you need to buy a new phone cos yours is now fucked.

— modified on May 29, 2014, 9:52:52 AM

Lisa D.

May 29, 2014, 10:18:21 PM via Website

I'd like to make an update here. After two trips to Samsung and two trips to Square Trade, Square Trade wound up refunding my purchase price of $450. I think this was mighty nice of them considering the phone was messed up by the Samsung/Verizon update to 4.3. With that money, I bought a new S3 only because I loved my original so very, very much. I was hoping that 4.3 perhaps only screwed up phones on which a particular combination of Applications were installed. Nope. Same thing happened to the new S3 right out of the box. The new phone immediately performed the 4.3 update. It is currently at Samsung to be re-flashed even though the service rep admitted that they have no current flash for S3 Verizon phones - in which case they will return it to me as is. I have pretty much the same problems with this phone.

I got oh-so-excited when I was notified two weeks ago that there was a new update. FInally, the FIX??. Then I got scared, read about what they had to say in the 'terms' and it was only for some BS thing that happens in CANADA!!! Trust me, I bear no ill will toward Canada, but when my phone has been nearly bricked for over four months, I did not give a crap about Canada. And, just in case the update carried something that would make things worse, I elected not to install it. Which was very annoying, because any time I tried to use the phone for anything, the update screen reared it's ugly head.

So, after a few days my phone buzzed and I didn't know what was going on until I realized it was installing the Canada update of its own accord. Guess what? The Canada update smoked my 64 GB SD Card. My most recent update is from January right before 4.3 - after which I could not do back-ups since my phone could not be plugged in and recognized as a drive. I lost every photo taken in 5 months (over 100). Thankfully the 50 GB of music is backed up on my PC's hard drive. I lost all of my app information as I run nearly everything from the card. I've lost my calendar, many contacts, and I don't know what else.

I wish I had not purchased the new S3 and am sick about my SD card.

PS - my Samsung blu-ray went bad during all this, too. Total combined time spent on hold/with customer service between both Samsung devices and Verizon is over 27 hours. My Verizon plan only covers 7.5 hours per month. I had to stay late at work to use the phone for customer service calls on many occasions. I mainly used my phone for data and video - which is why I was so fond of the S3, but I am now very seriously considering going to a flip phone - grandfathered unlimited data be damned. At least I had 15 months of properly operating S3 bliss.

— modified on May 29, 2014, 10:22:04 PM

Lisa D.

May 29, 2014, 10:49:12 PM via Website

Interesting that you mention that the whole world knows about the 4.3 fiasco. The people on this forum and ONLY A SINGLE person at Verizon customer service are the only people I have run into that have any idea that the 4.3 fiasco even exists.

Kris Carlon

May 31, 2014, 7:55:13 PM via Website

Wow. That's an epic tale @Lisa. I feel very bad for you. Of course, everyone on every forum knows all about this, but Samsung and carriers are kind of serving their own interests by denying there's a problem at all - that way they don't have to accept responsibility and be accountable.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Sanita Pun

Jun 3, 2014, 6:08:04 PM via Website

I am having the same problem with my phone since I update it
Is there any way I can remove this update and get the old one I hate it :'( pls help

Kris Carlon

Jun 4, 2014, 6:15:24 PM via Website

Hi @Sanita, the only thing you can do once you have the update is to root your device and flash a custom ROM. Part of the update brings a locked down bootloader so you can't downgrade and Knox which locks you into the current firmware or newer.

Depending on how comfortable you are with taking things into your own hands, flashing custom ROMs is actually pretty easy, but there are risks involved, so I'd advise reading a LOT before you commit and make sure you're comfortable with the process before you start.

Of course, if the firmware you've been officially provided with is unworkable then you don't have much in the way of a choice.

ZZZ

Jun 6, 2014, 11:17:22 AM via Website

Rob Cargill

I wish I had the problems you list above. I ran an update from 4.1.2 today and my phone is now stuck on the glowing Samsung logo. So far I have tried:
- Android System Recovery (ASR) > wipe cache partition > reboot
- Emergency firmware recovery in Kies, didn't even recognise device
- Firmware upgrade and initialisation in Kies - recognised phone, downloaded firmware but then just stopped
- Downloaded firmware from SamMobile, put on microSD card, from ASR used "apply update from external storage" and selected BOOTLOADER file, but error says E:signature verification failed.

I've written to Samsung and have so far heard nothing. I absolutely loved my S3, now having massive doubts about Samsung, I still have a year to run on my contract and I have a bricked phone - HELP!

I am having the same problem! ... my phone is tuck on the glowing samsung logo ... i have tried the 'wipe cache partition' part but that doesnt help ...
Has something worked for you by now???

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jun 6, 2014, 11:34:30 AM via Website

Well @zzz I guess your phone is stuck over the bootloop and I am afraid but I must say that its time to flash stock ROM again over to your device. :( I can assist you with the rooting process so let me know about the which device you are using ......

ZZZ

Jun 7, 2014, 9:34:43 AM via Website

Flash stock ROM means factory reset? Guess I was mentally prepared for it :( let me know what details you require? It's a samsung S3

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jun 9, 2014, 7:54:17 AM via Website

ZZZ

Flash stock ROM means factory reset? Guess I was mentally prepared for it :( let me know what details you require? It's a samsung S3

Note: This process is going to completely wipe out all your data so it is preferred to backup before preceding. I will not take the responsiblity if you brick your phone(although very unlikely).Chances are less if you follow all the step in an efficient manner. ;(

@zzz there are some pre-requisites before moving forward with the flashing process, (@mobile cracker let me know if I miss something.. :) )

1.Make sure that you have installed all the device drive over your PC/Laptop and your device battery is at least 80%.
2. Head over to the sammobile.com/firmware section and get the appropriate stock ROM downloaded for your S3.
3. Extract The firmware Zip file until you get a file with a .tar extension and some other files. (Save it to a new folder over your desktop)
4. Get the latest version of ODIN which can be downloaded by Googling. Try searching "ODIN" .
5. Extract odin zip file till you get Odin3 vx.xx.exe. (also save it to the desktop over the folder you have created over third step)

Installation:

1. Power off your smartphone.

2. Put your device to the Download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power button simultaneously until Samsung Galaxy logo appears in phone screen. Wait few seconds and your phone will be in download mode.

3.Open the odin as administrator (the odin you have downloaded and saved over the New Folder) and connect your s3 with the Laptop/PC using USB cable.

1. If everything is going correctly you will get a message "Added" in the message box in odin and can also see COM port with a number in Yellow.(But if you don't get the message try removing the USB and then again try with the other USB port but if again it doesn't I think you haven't installed the drivers you need to install the device drivers in order to move ahead).

2. Select these files from folder in Odin at respective buttons:

Click the PDA Button, and select the .tar.md5 file here with code appearing in its name (the ROM you have downloaded from samsung i.e. the tar file in the Pre-Requisites step 3.)

Click the Phone Button, and select file with modem in its name (leave if there is no such file)

Click the CSC Button, and select file with csc in its name (leave if there is no such file)

1. Make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkbox are selected.

2. Now hit the start button.

3. Once flashing completes your phone will reboot automatically and you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin.

4. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.

5. After completing these steps, Make sure to wipe the cache and do a factory reset in clockworkmod recovery if you do happen to find yourself in a bootloop Or just do it anyways to prevent a bootloop from occurring.

That's all your device will get back working fine again.

And buddy next time please make a new thread.

— modified on Jun 9, 2014, 7:55:32 AM

Deactivated Account

Mirjet

Aug 13, 2014, 1:10:06 PM via Website

it is appalling, the web is crawling with complaints on the updates of JB4.3 on the flagship brand of Samsung and they are just turning a blind eye. To help myself, i have done a factory reset, flashed the battery ( that addressed the battery issue to an extent) but the rest of the phone is frustrating to use.
- The lock screen ripple effect has been disabled, still a lag exists in unlocking (though less)
- response time between apps is almost 3-5 seconds, sometimes even longer that have to long click for applications
- WI fi keeps disconnecting despite making changes in settings as advised

Worst is getting the phone to get to the unlock screen from the side button which takes 2 seconds and goes black within the next...like it is light sensitive..

I keep checking to see if there is an update/patch to this update (in India) - and there is silence on the other end.

With this experience i do not think i will ever get another Samsung phone again - after having used them for the past 10 years. Death of the brand not listening to the complaints of their customers is imminent.

Please please do let me know if there is an option to get my phone reverted to its old form...warranty does not matter any more.

Thanks for all your advise and keeping alive this issue which has affected so many of the users.

mike stack

Aug 13, 2014, 5:44:36 PM via Website

after up date ..stops sending texts after 4 or 5 text in a row cant ring out goes to call ended goes straight to answer phone when someone rings been in for repair 4th time now still not fixed .. samsung wont even say how many times has to be repaired b4 they say enough

C Kramer

Aug 18, 2014, 10:55:12 PM via Website

Well since the update to 4.4.2 the GPS refuses to operate correctly. All of the 20 something reps in the stores think the map function is the same as GPS. Is there no one who understands how the GPS works?? Samsung S3. I believe it is a breach of contract.

graham burton

Aug 28, 2014, 5:48:26 PM via Website

did this work as I am having the same problem

James S.
  • Forum posts: 11

Sep 1, 2014, 7:25:34 AM via Website

I have the same problem too! Annoying. :(

Vicky C.

Jan 9, 2015, 6:45:05 AM via Website

Kris Carlon

The Samsung Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S3 and S4 has been one of the worst manufacturer updates ever.

The official update has caused many problem, including:

Appalling battery life, even when charging
Screen blackouts
Voice recognition broken
Wi-Fi instability problems, constant reconnecting
Wi-Fi guest network login problems
Constant switching between 3G/4G and Wi-Fi networks
Text messaging contact issues
Verizon car charger does not work
Mobile data icon missing
Music player self-launching
Bluetooth audio cutting out
Slower performance
Widget problems, Air View not working
Screen rotation broken

Share the problems you're experiencing (or not, if you're one of the lucky ones), any fixes you've found and what you think about Samsung's response to the problems you're facing.

I had a Samsung Galaxy S 3 right before the one I have now, and It definitely has problems holding the battery charge, as did the last one. Both phones also had/ have almost zero connectivity in and around my house, which is supposedly in a perfect location for the signal, so I have to use WiFi calling in order to send texts and make calls, which is a pain. But, the worst thing about that problem, is that I have to walk at least all the way to the end of my block to send pictures, especially ones deemed MMS type messages. I have had my carrier try everything they could think of already, which included sending me two "new" phones. The last phone went crazy, I believe because of a virus, and when I had it factory reset it just stopped and froze, and was basically broken. Both of these phones had/ have version 4.3, and I am praying to everyone and their mother that nothing happens to my current phone, because my carrier most definitely won't send me another one this time if it does, and I wouldn't be able to afford even a refurbished one like I have now.:'( ( Originally from a post by Kris Carlon)

— modified on Jan 9, 2015, 6:46:15 AM

anoranne

Jun 3, 2015, 12:58:55 AM via Website

And add that over half of my gmail files went missing!!!!
WTF?

anoranne

Jun 3, 2015, 2:39:07 AM via Website

Danny Lam

Appalling battery life, even when charging - Nope battery life even better with the update.
Screen blackouts - Haven't experienced a screen blackout.
Voice recognition broken - It works, maybe yours is broken?
Wi-Fi instability problems, constant reconnecting - Wifi as consistent as 4.2.2.
Wi-Fi guest network login problems - Nope
Constant switching between 3G/4G and Wi-Fi networks - Nope when I'm on wifi, I'm on wifi, no 3G/4G being used.
Text messaging contact issues - Had the issue when I first upgraded to 4.3, but it seems to have resolved itself now.
Verizon car charger does not work - AT&T bitches!
Mobile data icon missing - This is missing when I upgraded, but I never used it so I never have cared for it.
Music player self-launching - I was afraid of this happening but nope.
Bluetooth audio cutting out - Haven't used bluetooth yet.
Slower performance - I think you misspelled faster.
Widget problems, Air View not working - Widgets work, Air View works.
Screen rotation broken - Screen rotates as it should.

Now the real question is wtf are you guys doing to your phones to where all these issues occur?! Jeez.

I don't know about those guys but nothing I did caused the problems. Some things were just needing to be reset (having the screen rotation button set to off by the update, ditto with the sync button) but of course why the update WOULD turn those off....looks like sloppy work to me.....

but the missing widgets? True. The missing gmail files? True. Bad battery life? True (Samsung Galaxy 4S)

Just because You havent had a problem doesn't mean it isn't real.

damponting44
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 7, 2016, 1:47:10 PM via Website

Shocking battery life, notwithstanding while charging - Nope battery life surprisingly better with the redesign.

Screen power outages - Haven't encountered a screen power outage.

Voice acknowledgment broken - It works, possibly yours is broken?

Wi-Fi shakiness issues, steady reconnecting - Wifi as predictable as 4.2.2.

Wi-Fi visitor system login issues - Nope

Consistent exchanging between 3G/4G and Wi-Fi systems - Nope when I'm on wifi, I'm on wifi, no 3G/4G being utilized.

Content informing contact issues - Had the issue when I initially moved up to 4.3, however it appears to have determined itself now.

Verizon auto charger does not work - AT&T bitches!

Versatile information symbol missing - This is missing when I updated, however I never utilized it so I never have watched over it.

Music player self-propelling -

Margaret Glover

Oct 14, 2016, 1:05:15 AM via Website

Hi I down loaded the latest update
Since then when I am called I do not have the callers name displayed as before only the callers number
Why is this ?
Can you help ????