record onto sd card

• Replies:3
Colin Atkins
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 26, 2013, 6:27:53 PM via Website

Hi all
I have a hawk droid 4.2 tv box my internal memory is full and I cannot find a way of recording or transferring video's onto a sd card, please help. Colin

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 27, 2013, 3:46:41 PM via Website

Hey @Colin, I'll ask the obvious question first: do you have an SD card installed and is the Hawk Droid picking it up? Make sure the SD card works in another device first and then ensure the tv box is picking it up when it is plugged in. While I'm unfamiliar with the device, you may only get the option to move/record to external SD if the Hawk Droid is registering the card is inserted.

If that doesn't seem to be it, can you tell me what options you might have in terms of cables/ports on the device etc? Like, could you manually transfer files using USB from the internal memory to a laptop or something and then dump them on the SD card and just keep recording on the (now empty) internal memory?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Colin Atkins
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 28, 2013, 2:40:07 PM via Website

Hi Chris
I think you and people like you that help people like me are just first class,
there is a micro sd card
the device does pick it up
I do not have another device to test it
on the machine there is t-flash usb host mini usb hdmi av out line in
although I don't know what they all do I hope you can help as it is very important to me.Colin

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Dec 17, 2013, 6:25:40 PM via Website

Hmmm, so is it a software problem? Like the option to save/move data to the microSD card isn't available? Or it is but it doesn't work? I'ds till try to double check that the card is not malfunctioning. For that you might have to find someone with a digital camera or smartphone you could borrow just to make sure the microSD card is not the problem. After that, well I don't really know, you might have to call Hawk's customer service. They'll probably ask you if you've already done all the things I just suggested!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting