- Forum posts: 2
Dec 1, 2013 3:42:30 PM via Website
Dec 1, 2013 3:42:30 PM via Website
First of all, I am new here. I joined with the vision of getting my question answered, but then i fell over some other threads, and found this forum exciting. So i might stick around for awhile.
*Excuse me if i posted this the wrong place*
I currently am in the situation where.. Yes, I am sick of my iPhone.
It's a GREAT phone! It's fast, stylish, and durable (atleast so far!).
But i miss the lack of customization.
Untill last december, i've had android phones. However, back then they were slow. The fastest one I've had, was a Galaxy S II. It was fast back then, but when i use my friend's now, it's so laggy and edgy.
I am really considering getting an Android. But there's a few things holding me back..
- + I have an iPhone 5. It's fast.
- + My iPhone 5 is stylish.
- + I have 2 MacBook Pro's, an iMac, Apple TV, iPod and an iPad. So i fear the communication between Android and them.
- + The applications. I personally find Appstore filled with higher-of-quality applications.
- + iCloud. It stores my contacts and stuff. But Android's got an alternative for that tho.
- + iMessage. I love being able to chat from my macbook to iPhones, without confuse. And fast iPhone-to-iPhone chat without the recievant have to download specific software.
- + Reputation. Call me childish, but i just find it "cooler" to have an iPhone..
- - Screensize. God it's starting to annoy me. I like having a big badass phone.
- - Features. I personally think that the iPhone 5 lacks features.
- +/- Jailbreak. Jailbreaking the iPhone gives it alot of awesome features! But having the need to jailbreak it, sucks. Also it makes it impossible to update to the newest immediately. Also yet jailbroken, the system is still very limited. Also it takes a lot of time for it to come out. I haven't had my phone jailbroken for 8 months.
- ++ CUSTOMIZATION!
- ++ The freedom to do basically what you want with the phone.
- + Screensize; I find the iPhone 5 screen a tat too small. I miss a bigger size phone, eg the Galaxy S II.
- - I fear the speed? Will they be as snappy as i am used to on my iPhone?
- - Durability. I remember the old Android phones went slow in just a few weeks due to cache's and stuff. How does that seem now?
- + Features. I think that most Android phones have got some very interesting features. Eg: One Blink Feed, Note 3 S-Pen, S3/4 eye-motion detector.
- + No-jailbreak. Altho Android have the ability to get rooted, it's not necessary (unless you want flashed ROM's). I find that great for my needs, since i love customizing and changing my homescreen-layout / phone functionality on a day-to-day basis. Also iPhone jailbreaks takes a lot of time to come out.
I am very unsure of what to do. It's very hard!
I really like my iPhone, but i miss the lack of customization.
My heart tells me to keep my iPhone, but my brain and inner-geek tells me to go fetch an android.
If it was up to me, i'd have both. But i don't have the money to get a new Android and keep my iPhone. Then i will have to sell my iPhone first.
Could you guys possible give me some aspects and viewpoints on this? I am open for critiques, since i am not coloured of "what's better or worse". I just want personal views.
Also, have anyone gone from iPhone 5 to Android? And did you regret it? (Which i am afraid that i MAYBE will).
And if you advice me to get an Android: Which one?
Thanks in advance!