Unknown Caller. Do you pick up or let it ring?

• Replies:37
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,318

Apr 7, 2014 6:35:43 AM via Website

Recently I have installed an app that shows the name of the caller, it's work is just interesting what is does is it read all my contacts name and number and uploads it into its server i.e. their connecting is like growing way to fast...... :) well, if i am receiving a call from some unknown number it looks for that number in its database and if the number matches then corresponding name is displayed in the screen wether that contact name is present in your contact details or not... so in this way i know about the name of the caller and if it's from just ...... an unknown person whom I don't know I keep my phone ringing unless if i identifies the person I just pic up !! :grin:
  • Forum posts: 673

Apr 8, 2014 5:51:56 PM via App

Yannick T
Depends on the country I am in. If it is in the UK, the chance of it being somebody looking to sell you something is much greater than in Germany. So I definitely don't pick up in the UK.
But you can also end the call as soon as ya know that it's marketing business...
Could also be a friend who happened to have shut off number transmission for whatever reason

MFG/Regards My1

• Forum posts: 22

Apr 8, 2014 11:58:11 PM via Website

If it's important they'll leave a message. Let it go ("Let it go! Can't hold me back anymore!" Sorry.).
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 1, 2017 8:09:24 PM via Website

I would pick it up. People are entitled to their privacy and those who block their numbers usually have unlisted phones (I stayed in one woman's apt who's a media personality). Often when I had a landline, I would get a message saying "If you want to talk to this recipient, you must unblock your number," which is fine. Aren't cell phones equipped with such a feature?

• Forum posts: 27

Mar 2, 2017 5:23:46 PM via App

I usually answer the call, since not doing that increases anxiety. But the best thing to do is change your number if you are getting too many creepy calls.

• Forum posts: 14

Jun 27, 2017 6:02:20 AM via Website

I only answer local calls even I don't recognize, but don't answer unknown calls from other areas. Fraud calls too much!(yawn)

• Forum posts: 35

Jul 3, 2017 1:04:26 PM via Website

I do pick up when i am alone, most of the times i prefer a friend or someone from my family to pick and check. Most of the times they are wrong numbers.

• Forum posts: 60

Oct 14, 2017 7:26:53 PM via Website

Sheri
Thats the worst thing you can do!
If the caller is a telemarketer, and you answer the phone..., well they know that they can get answer when they call your number. So they will call you back.
Best thing to do is let voicemail answer .
If they don't leave a message, thier probably a telemarketer or a scammer.

• Forum posts: 5

Oct 15, 2017 11:45:57 AM via Website

hahhahahaha i just pick up the call, if number is ok, otherwise if there is short digits in number, then i avoid of that

Oct 15, 2017 11:46:42 AM via Website

what do you mean by when you are alone (silly)

Oct 15, 2017 11:49:07 AM via Website

Shankar Prasad Nandi

I usually answer the call, since not doing that increases anxiety. But the best thing to do is change your number if you are getting too many creepy calls.

i guess we should pick up the call, first verify who is that, because may be it's someone who really needs your help, or an emergency call, if the person is unknown and trying to joke with you then drop call and block his number.

Oct 15, 2017 4:26:23 PM via Website

Wouldn't that upset your friends and family when they need to talk to you?

Oct 15, 2017 4:30:06 PM via Website

I only answer when a name from my contacts list shows up on my screen!
Any other time i let voicemail do it's job!

Oct 15, 2017 4:41:30 PM via Website

Sorry!
I disagree! If it is a telemarketer and you answer, they will keep calling you back!
And changing your phone number won't stop it! As far as the anxiety factor!
Look at it this way, if they don't leave a message! The call wasn't important in the first place.

Oct 15, 2017 4:52:03 PM via Website

Did you hear about the latest scam.
People will call you with a recording device on! They will ask you all kinds of questions trying to get you to say the word YES , when you do they will use that recording to get approval to charge expensive merchandise on your credit card.
Like i said before , if it is a unknown caller let your voicemail pick up, if the call is important they will leave a message!

Oct 15, 2017 5:05:48 PM via Website

Hey SmileX
You keep doing that and one of these days your curiosity could cost you a lot of money.
Telephone scammers are getting sneaker every day!

• Forum posts: 29

Oct 16, 2017 4:11:25 AM via Website

I will let it ring. And now the phone has the function of tagging number. I will directly hang up the phone that shows to be harassment.