How did the KitKat update affect your smartphone? Good, bad?

• Replies:28
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 15

May 1, 2014 4:17:15 AM via Website

I upgrade my phone to kitkat, now I can't restore it. I can't stand my sdcard is useless.

• Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,142

May 1, 2014 6:22:32 AM via Website

@magez: Well, I would say have a break with KitKat, I am sure its soon going to be fixed. TIll then enjoy the KitKat and as far as storage issues is concerned I think you should use your PC to move the images, videos and music files to the SD card, because I know you can't use SD card but yes its in read only mode means you can read the data from the SD card. :)

• Forum posts: 3

Jun 19, 2014 9:39:33 AM via Website

After the update of kitkat version am getting some errors while using apps. Especially whatsapp force close whenever i busy with sending messages. Seems the problem beyonds latest version of kitkat.

• Forum posts: 1

Jun 19, 2014 7:48:38 PM via Website

Not good! The device update that happened yesterday 6/18/14 has really messed up my Galaxy Note 2. KitKat is not working for my phone. It took all night to charge when before it charged quickly. It wiped out my Amazon kindle app contents. I had so many eBooks that i haven't been able to recover yet. I had to go in and uninstall it And the Google play store as well because it was not responding. Those come already installed! Why did that happen? My phone is so slow now. My Facebook and instagram don't want to refresh so that's not working and no telling what else I haven't found yet. And the bar at the top of my phone is black and white, I liked it with color. What was the reason for that? How do I get back to what I had yesterday before the update? My phone was amazing before this stupid update!!!

• Forum posts: 664

Jun 20, 2014 3:55:55 AM via App

@stephanie looks like you need to give the factory reset
go to recovery then clear cache and wipe data/factory reset.
you can backup your apps by downloading helium apk from google play store

— modified on Jun 20, 2014 4:26:13 AM

Ready To Help You.

• Forum posts: 2

Jun 25, 2014 11:22:39 AM via Website

I haven't got it yet on my xperia z in syria do you know when it'll be available for my smartphone??
Does it need an unlocked bootloader please answer!!!

Jun 26, 2014 10:07:38 AM via Website

I have a Note3,set to update automatically ,it just updated to 4.4.2,it s become faster,but the Samsung app WATCH ON has stopped working,I have sent a message to the WATCH ON team from the app but have not received any answer.

Aug 3, 2014 1:11:24 PM via Website

Will doing a factory reset after upgrading to 4.4 revert the device back to 4.3 ?

Aug 9, 2014 7:04:51 AM via Website

Updated the Note 3 to Kit Kat 4.4.2 and GPS started becoming intermittent on all apps that use GPS. There is a bit of chatter about this elsewhere on the net. Seems the problem is Kit Kat 4.4.2. Would be nice to undo the update - factory reset does not help. Trying the GPS Status app to make it more stable. Very frustrating. The GPS worked very well before the Kit Kat update.