What is the *FIRST* thing that comes to mind when you hear "ANDROID"?

• Replies:23
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1,338

Dec 4, 2013 4:04:33 PM via Website

Bahahaha, typical. I think of the little green guy. I'm totally conditioned, like Pavlov's dog. I remember reading about the woman who invented the Android logo (Irina Blok) and was amazed by just how adaptable the icon she created is.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

• Forum posts: 238

Dec 4, 2013 8:03:31 PM via App

Haha, the first thing that would always come to mind was "Linux".........Now it has been replaced with "GOOGLE". O_O

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

• Forum posts: 145

Dec 4, 2013 8:31:27 PM via Website

Hmm... it's so hard to say for sure! I'm not certain if it's the little green dude or a music note SkinIt, which has been on recent phones, so it means Android to me... both come to mind early. :)

HowDoYouAndroid.com

• Forum posts: 746

Dec 11, 2013 10:25:04 AM via App

Root. Flash. Custom. And so on...

Sinkster

• Forum posts: 50

Dec 11, 2013 2:51:25 PM via App

game...game...game...i love nuxus 7 2012...
  • Forum posts: 50

Dec 11, 2013 2:52:07 PM via App

David D.
Come on, let's go bash Apple, Samsung!
yup...cut apple into two...
  • Forum posts: 1,338

Dec 11, 2013 3:19:25 PM via Website

Just to get all etymological on ya'll, the word comes comes Latin and English meaning resembling (or having the appearance of) man: Androides (1842). So... based on that, and considering our phones get smarter every year and start doing more and more for us, are we going to start seeing them get even bigger and acquiring fleshy cases and in decades to come they'll turn into full on androids in the sci-fi sense of the word?

I sincerely hope so, my friends, I sincerely hope so.

And to add credence to my fantasy is the fact that Google co-creator Andy Rubin is moving onto robotics next...coincidence? i think not!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 25

Dec 12, 2013 3:22:35 AM via Website

Me , too. game ,game ,game. B)
Loie Favre
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 1,116

Dec 12, 2013 2:58:27 PM via Website

Kris Carlon
Just to get all etymological on ya'll, the word comes comes Latin and English meaning resembling (or having the appearance of) man: Androides (1842). So... based on that, and considering our phones get smarter every year and start doing more and more for us, are we going to start seeing them get even bigger and acquiring fleshy cases and in decades to come they'll turn into full on androids in the sci-fi sense of the word?

I sincerely hope so, my friends, I sincerely hope so.

And to add credence to my fantasy is the fact that Google co-creator Andy Rubin is moving onto robotics next...coincidence? i think not!

You can always count on Kris for a etymological lesson!
  • Forum posts: 55

Dec 24, 2013 7:19:27 PM via App

An actual android with the intelligence of siri........
  • Forum posts: 57

Dec 25, 2013 9:27:16 PM via Website

First thing that comes to mind?
Smartphone!
  • Forum posts: 9

Dec 27, 2013 8:08:59 AM via Website

Game, Game, and User friendly environment to use the phone functions.
  • Forum posts: 11

Jan 20, 2014 11:25:41 AM via Website

I'll be very uninventive but.. R2-D2 ;)