Cyanogenmod 10.2 final release

• Replies:8
Nik Burin
  • Forum posts: 53

Dec 4, 2013, 7:20:29 PM via App

Hey everyone,my first forum post and the question is,I am running CyanogenMod 10.2 stable snapshot installed via the new(well maybe not so new already) installer software,the thing is I want to install the cm 10.2 final using manual install from zip,but will I have to wipe all data from phone in order to do it or will it just be similar to ota update and just update my system keeping all files? since the ota update for cm installed via software only gets stable snapshots,thanks in advance

Philip SCHLEMENSON
  • Forum posts: 4

Dec 4, 2013, 8:44:47 PM via App

Nik, first, backup any data that's important to you.

Then go to Settings | About Phone | CyanogenMod Updates. See if the final release is available for you. If so, the update should proceed smoothly and all your data should be kept intact.

If not, download the final release, reboot in recovery, do not select to do a factory reset, then install the final release. The update should proceed smoothly and all your data should be kept intact.

As for myself, a few days ago I manually unlocked the bootloader, installed a custom recovery, and installed CM 10.2 RC1, doing a factory reset before installing because I was replacing the ROM that came with my phone. Then today, I updated to the final release with CyanogenMod Updates in Settings. I went from CM 10.2 RC1 to 10.2 Final with all my data intact. No factory reset was performed by CyanogenMod Updates.

Once you manually install CM with your custom recovery the first time, you should be able to update in the future from CyanogenMod Updates just like an OTA update.

Let me know how it goes!

HTC One (m7att)

— modified on Dec 4, 2013, 8:59:08 PM

Kris Carlon

Nik Burin

Dec 4, 2013, 10:38:50 PM via App

Philip,thanks for the advise,I will try it first thing tomorrow and tell how it went,I'm sure it should be smooth as it's the same ROM,just updated version

Nik Burin

Dec 5, 2013, 5:55:29 PM via App

So I wasn't able to find the final release for my device,there is only 10.1.3. stable,so I guess its not yet available for my phone ://

Dwarfer66
  • Forum posts: 6

Dec 6, 2013, 5:18:48 AM via Website

I was running 10.2 snapshot, got the update today for 10.2 stable, did not have backup or do anything as nothing was removed (apps wise), running great. I was told by CM that it would wipe all apps only if I updated to CM 11 (4.4).

Philip SCHLEMENSON
  • Forum posts: 4

Dec 6, 2013, 8:10:34 PM via App

Nik Burin
So I wasn't able to find the final release for my device,there is only 10.1.3. stable,so I guess its not yet available for my phone ://

Hopefully soon, Nik.

Nik Burin

Dec 7, 2013, 5:08:45 PM via App

the cm team said the will roll out the final for all devices in a few days,fingers crossed

Nik Burin

Dec 8, 2013, 5:19:08 PM via App

Yeah! it's finally available and I have just installed it with no fuss,the update went smooth without factory reset,and took about 5min,love cyanogenmod

Dwarfer66
  • Forum posts: 6

Dec 10, 2013, 7:38:26 AM via Website

Yeah really great isn't it.