Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — How to go back to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 from 4.3 on Samsung Note II

• Replies:4
Nikky A
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 7, 2013, 5:16:43 PM via Website

Today only I updated Samsung Note II from Jelly Bean 4.1.2 to 4.3. But I liked the earlier version. How can I go back to 4.1.2 ?

add5555

tchelle
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 21, 2014, 3:07:33 AM via App

I contacted samsung and was told there is no way to revers the update however they were waiting for customer feedback to make program patches for us that do not like the updated version

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Jan 21, 2014, 7:01:20 PM via Website

It's pretty tough to downgrade your version without a lot of tinkering. Are you on a rooted Note? If so, I'll look up some tips for you (or you can do a Google search and find an XDA Developers page where I'm sure somebody has done this).

--I do a good impression of myself--

Ranjan Kumar
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 25, 2014, 10:12:16 AM via Website

As far as I am aware, the only way to go back to a previous ROM is to flash it. Unfortunately, downgrading deletes user settings an Apps. You will end up with a bare bones system and have to set it all up again. It might be a good idea to see if you can root your current ROM and then backup all your apps and settings with Titanium. Then you will only need to restore these when back to your old ROM.

Lamar Davis
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 1, 2014, 4:12:50 AM via App

I want to go back to the older version too. I should have read the forums prior to the upgrade. I would have never upgraded.

I hope hope someone will figure out a way to down grade, safely soon.