Battery on 4.1.2

• Replies:2
Anders Bagger
  • Forum posts: 57

Dec 12, 2013, 9:23:21 PM via Website

I had to share this, if any can figure out what I have done.
Well, at first i had really terrible batterylife on 4.1.2. I had power for aprox' 8 to 10 hours. 10 at the max.
I had batter saving on, and i disabled all that nfc, wifi, gestures and other samsung specific functions.
I used a lockscreen, with the patterns on (the one were u "draw" a line between dots), not swipe-lock.
Must say that not using the swipe-lockscreen helped a lot.
Then I had the brightness turned allmost down. About 10% brightness.
I used a black background image in my home screen, and only a clock and google search as widgets.
Finally I disabled messages from all apps, indevidually, and turned of LTE/4G. Only running 3G/GSM.
And my battery was still shit.

Anyway.
I restored my phone to factory settings, and now..... Behold 70% running 13+ hours on battery.
The only thing that is different now, is that I have not installed the zoner-antivirus app.
Is that what might drain the batterylife? As for now, I have only been running 24 hours after the factiry reset.
Have some of you might had the same issue as I?

— modified on Dec 12, 2013, 9:28:44 PM

smaeerhuda
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 24, 2013, 9:08:02 AM via App

bro am having the same problem.. don't knw the solution yet.
during deep sleep battery drains 20 to 30%.
which is very frustrating to me. am myself wondering from forums to forums with a hope to sort it out but I hadn't found any.

Anders Bagger
  • Forum posts: 57

Dec 25, 2013, 9:47:59 PM via Website

Yeah.
Well, as you can read from my post. Then i have solved, by doing a factory reset of my device.
All my apps are reinstalled, except the zoner antivirus.

When i had the problem, my 9305'er was constantly hot/warm.
Now i get 24 hours+ if it's not being used for anything. Deep sleep that is.

Try doing a factory reset from within android settings menu.
It helped me solve my issue.