Are you happy with the battery life of your smartphone?

• Replies:30
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 9

Feb 7, 2014 12:19:15 PM via Website

I don’t know why people are saying this, but personally I have experience good battery backup while using internet and games also. So I have given my opinion for this. Before i have problem but sorted out while contacting with support care.They have shared information for improving battery quality.

— modified on Feb 7, 2014 12:24:43 PM

• Forum posts: 22

Mar 28, 2014 12:38:55 PM via Website

I own Moto G right now and it probably has one of the best battery life on the market right now, despite being a mid-end smartphone. My phone usually can last around all day long, of course in one full charge. Even if i use for playing intensive games, it still gives me a lot of hours in one day. Trust me, i'm totally lucky to have this phone in my side.
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 30, 2014 5:56:41 PM via Website

Please be very careful when you buy products from Samsung Service Centres. I bought a Made-in-Korea S4 battery at a Samsung Service Centre in Singapore last June/July. This spare battery and my S4 phone battery (Made-in-China) have rapid battery discharge and charging problems. The Service Centre exchanged the Made-in-China battery but claimed that the Made-in-Korea battery is a fake one and would exchange only if I have the receipt.
  • Forum posts: 91

Apr 1, 2014 3:51:58 AM via Website

Not exactly the answer asked for but I bought an Anker 7800 mAh battery for my stock S4 and WOW! It's an overweight, bulked up beast now but with medium use I only have to charge it once every 60 hours or so. And as an added bonus, the extra bulk has actually made it more comfortable to hold.
  • Forum posts: 11

Apr 21, 2014 6:48:49 PM via Website

I need to charge my Google Nexus 4 twice a day ! I am really unsatisfied with the battery life.

• Forum posts: 15

Apr 30, 2014 7:48:24 AM via Website

I always charge my phone at night while I sleeping, then I have all day to use it. I'm still happy with it.

• Forum posts: 1,338

Aug 18, 2014 5:32:53 PM via Website

Tons of people are reporting that the developer preview of Android L is already adding a LOT of battery life to their smartphone, so we can only imagine how good it will be when its all official.

Also, our recent survey on battery life (things you could live without for better battery life) showed some interesting results.

• Pre-installed apps of any kind got 69% of the votes (you could select more than one category), so it seems users would prefer NO apps to too many.
  • Manufacturer user interfaces was right up there with 52% of the vote.
  • Software features raked at number three with 44% of the vote, making it seem like our readers are not so big on all the gimmicky software features they don't really need or use.
  • Display brightness came in just behind number three with 42% of the vote, making us realize that a super-bright display might actually be more of a hindrance than a benefit and is something a lot of people would be willing to do without for better battery life.

I know I'll get Samsung-bashing comments for this, but don't these four things sound like all the things Samsung are known for?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

• Forum posts: 79

Oct 10, 2016 7:58:12 AM via Website

My Nexus 5 is still ""genuinely"" stock - CM 11, yet no different mods. I took a couple battery utilize minimization steps (the ones Loie said above) and a couple others I did exclude in the video, yet I get a huge amount of battery out of my N5 - effectively a day and a half in case I'm not pounding it (which I typically am, and still, at the end of the day it's a crisp morning without any issues). I checked a little while ago and it's at 66% following 17 hours off charge (truly 6-7 of those I was dozing), yet as you specified, I was expecting much more awful.

• Forum posts: 4

Oct 31, 2016 8:28:37 AM via Website

My next phone wil lbe dumb phone because I hate charging my phone every day

• Forum posts: 17

Nov 1, 2016 2:02:15 PM via Website

I own a S6 and I charge it 2-3 times per day. It's time for a powercase since I don't want to carry bulky powerrbank with me.

• Forum posts: 14

Nov 15, 2016 8:31:49 AM via Website

So do you mean you are trying to figure out why your battery life is shorter? Do you ever think of the cause and solution of overheated battery on your phone? You found your phone is overheated after watching the movie or playing the music for a while usually. Then you should be aware of the potential threat. According to some news reported, some phone users get hurt because their phones exploded and even some dead finally because of the explosion of the battery.