LG G2 — Antivirus for Android?

• Replies:12
Moparman1303
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 31, 2013, 8:15:46 PM via Website

Should i get a anti virus software for my LG G2? Will it slow down my phone? Take lots of memory?

david harris
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 27, 2014, 4:51:28 PM via App

I have a antivirus and it's not slowing down my phone at all

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Mar 28, 2014, 2:08:29 AM via Website

I've never really known them to be necessary, but they don't seem to slow down the system either.

--I do a good impression of myself--

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Mar 28, 2014, 6:10:40 AM via Website

Well, @Moparman I don't think that there is a need of antivirus for Android ecosystem, It is secure enough you just need to take care about the permission of the applications. There is just no need of any antivirus you have a look at this for more information on this *admin edit: links are forbidden".

— modified on Mar 28, 2014, 11:20:08 AM by moderator

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 39

Mar 28, 2014, 9:05:40 AM via Website

John ,
I came to know in some forums that antivirus is required. There are some apps developed in some linux environment (android is linux) , they are not apk's but they are some programs those inject themselves into OS kernel. Hackers are also native developers. They get access to kernel and do real bad things.
My papa had problem with calling,when we scanned detected virus. that was not apk program.
Hackers are very clever and cruel. They can do anything. its a battle that will keep going.

I would recommend for people to use good antivirus and always scan at least in month. It is needed because many times we connect memory cards or phone to PC and thus good chance your phone could get infected.

Lalit

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 39

Mar 28, 2014, 9:08:02 AM via Website

I personally use Dr. Web. It do not slower performance but take lot of time to scan. but scans every object.
You can try multiple antivirus. But please keep only one !

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Mar 28, 2014, 9:44:34 AM via Website

Well, possibility is there that is why the it is always recommended that USB debugging is put into off position and it is also recommended that installation of app from market other than play store is risky. Well, I know this cat and mouse fight will continue but i can bet on that just by looking into the permission you can eliminate the possibility of getting virus. Personally I also use antivirus but still I don't trust on that I know chances come as an application that is purposefully designed to damage is eventually going to damage.

Anyway thank for clarifying ! I really appreciate it. This is the first time I am getting a member in forum which is much more geniue ! :)

Well, I forget to tell I am using 360 security !

— modified on Mar 28, 2014, 9:45:27 AM

Deactivated Account

Carmelo Rivera
  • Forum posts: 6

Oct 24, 2014, 1:30:24 AM via App

An antivirus is not needed running in your phone all the time; taking up space,RAM and battery. Just install the app, run it, make sure everything is okay and delete. Repeat when necessary. Done.

andrewstop
  • Forum posts: 2

May 2, 2017, 9:11:40 AM via Website

Thanks for sharing

David Vitta
  • Forum posts: 16

Jul 17, 2018, 12:48:37 AM via Website

From my personal experience, I would say K7 Antivirus which provides great security against malware. In Android devices, there is already a security feature running against a virus, but there are other harmful things which are needed to be protected.

gleen conde
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 15, 2019, 4:47:45 AM via Website

(cool)

Tommy45m
  • Forum posts: 11

Oct 3, 2019, 10:17:29 AM via Website

I tried Avast for mobile phones and it transformed my phone in a turtle

Duncan Duccatti
  • Forum posts: 11

Jan 27, 2023, 9:43:52 AM via Website

I tried Avast for mobile phones and it transformed my phone in a turtle!