FREE demo - Mole Warfare

• Replies:4
Johnathan Gallagher
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 2, 2014, 5:16:57 PM via Website

Check out this free demo for my first app release and let me know your thoughts :) All feedback is taken onboard so thanks in advance!

air.co.uk.mediawow.molewarfaredemo

Mole Warfare has been a labour of love, built from the ground up from my initial ideas and pencil sketches up to coding it in Flash CS6 and the AIR sdk. I hope you like it.

Johnny

Assault_a
  • Forum posts: 14

Jan 6, 2014, 3:25:58 PM via Website

Nice idea and gameplay, but from my side, i think graphic should be improved

Johnathan Gallagher

Jan 6, 2014, 3:50:26 PM via Website

Thanks for the comments, could you elaborate though? We chose a graphical style that's bold, colourful and simple - partly to ensure it can run smoothly on older phones as well as new but also to give the game a cartoony feel. That said, it would be nice to be able to spend time adding more animations and general polish for future releases.

Cheers,

Johnny

Assault_a
  • Forum posts: 14

Jan 6, 2014, 4:15:19 PM via Website

I see. It's really cartoon style, but like "cartoon network" animation. I mean It is a matter of opinion.
Personally for me, it would be better with more mild animation, like e.g. "cute the rope"

Johnathan Gallagher

Jan 6, 2014, 4:28:53 PM via Website

Yeah I agree, I do really like the character animation in Cut The Rope. I'm hoping to set aside time to get the moles more animated, e.g. looking scared when the bomb is getting close and maybe pulling faces at the player from time to time (maybe if a bomb fails to hit). I'll definitely drive towards these changes for the next major update.

Cheers,

Johnny