Worst app ever made?

• Replies:12
Mary Mod
  • Forum posts: 432

Jan 3, 2014, 4:02:05 PM via Website

I am sure there are a lot of bad apps out there. One is dislike is LULU. Infact, I am not the only one, that is why we also wrote "How to delete your Lulu account"

What do you think is the worst app ever made?

— modified on Jan 13, 2014, 11:31:30 AM

Deactivated Account

Andrea
  • Forum posts: 25

Jan 10, 2014, 9:45:25 PM via Website

I think XDA app is pretty awful, despite the greatness of the site itself. It's so hard to use, confusing, crash-prone and with an unbearable back-button handling. I often find myself trying to use it, but then revert back to their site via Chrome.

Marym Mahmoud
  • Forum posts: 105

Apr 10, 2014, 8:43:16 AM via Website

can't remember the name but it's one of these apps when you open it
it shows like a website inside with a lot of ads as if he developed a shortcut to his website :angry::angry:

Android Geek Blogger Best Android Launcher

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 39

Apr 10, 2014, 11:36:23 AM via Website

noooooooo ....guys noooaaaaaa.. please not my app , please I am begging you , not my app ... :D :D :D !!!

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 11, 2014, 8:15:54 AM via Website

Well, I think the most worst app would be apps that take you to some thing different than you accept for, recently i have downloaded an app from the mobile9 apps screen shot looks like its a gaming app but when i installed it takes me to completely different place some arabic words are appearing with ...... pictures.

Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account

Apr 14, 2014, 7:56:59 AM via Website

Well, I think the most worst app would be apps that take you to some thing different than you accept for, recently i have downloaded an app from the mobile9 apps screen shot looks like its a gaming app but when i installed it takes me to completely
John Farrell
different place some arabic words are appearing with ...... pictures.

hehe ...LOL but agree with you John. such apps are spams.They may be even designed to steal your personal information like email id , phone model , phone number etc. Even antivirus will not be able to detect them as it could be functional requirement. So guys , when you install app , please do check , if such apps wants account/contact read permissions.

but since many advertising Platform needs the info , and apps including advertisement will ask you for account/contact read permission. I don't know how to deal with them.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

May 6, 2014, 8:34:27 AM via Website

@future apps yes I install the application only and only after looking at their permission and I know about the problem I can get into that's why I always look at the permission and download the application from the play store only . But my problem is as I am a technology freak and love to do some experiments over my device i always ended up in .... :'( I have purchased LG G pro just to do some experiments and messing up :devil: and my previous post was reference to this experimenting. :)

Deactivated Account

May 8, 2014, 6:25:34 AM via Website

@John, That's cool !! its good to hear you try lot of things. As I see your profile , you are Technology Consultant. I would like to know about Technology Consultant post.

Deactivated Account

May 9, 2014, 9:55:03 AM via Website

Loie Favre

The worst app ever made is in my opinion Boob Smasher.

Well, some people may see it as best app.lol :D :D :p.
But I didn't know such apps exists before you mentioned. Its funny to imagine such app ideas. :)

Homeworld Arts
  • Forum posts: 17

May 9, 2014, 9:57:57 AM via Website

Super Hot Potato

herry prothyer
  • Forum posts: 88

Aug 22, 2014, 9:07:18 AM via Website

Really some applications are just for advertising, it could not helpful to us, hate this type of apps (angry)