Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — IMEI not working or showing 'INVALID'....."DESPARATE "

• Replies:32
  • Answered
Alec B.
  • Forum posts: 35

Jan 7, 2014, 4:02:12 AM via Website

Hi,

My 5.7" Samsung Note 3 GT-9000 won't Call, TXT or Data ...tho the WIFI works well . the *#06# says "INVALID"....I have found the mobile's IMEI No under the battery...but have been told that it is a '3rd party problem' ....is that the manufacturer or the site I purchased it from.
I understand that the mobile needs to be 'unlocked' ? ...is it the mobile or Sim card to be 'unlocked ....I'm confused ...my 66yrs isn't helpful either!!.
...has anybody fixed this problem that could be explained to me, please.

Cheers :# :angry:
Alec B.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jan 7, 2014, 7:40:50 AM via App

if you go to settings/about phone can you post what details are there, like model, android version, build number (don't post anything sensitive like your imei if it does appear there)

Sinkster

Alec B.

Jan 10, 2014, 3:44:15 AM via App

it won't let me post says
..to protect users , blocked... blacklisted word or external link..after I've written 10 forum posts I can. ????

— modified on Jan 10, 2014, 3:51:40 AM

Alec B.

Jan 10, 2014, 3:55:10 AM via App

can't supply you model, version or build...site has blocked it..(see pre for reasons)
trying again..

model. no. SMN9006.
version. 3.40-1590669
build. JSS15J.N9006ZCUBMI5
Android version : 4.4

Alec B

— modified on Jan 10, 2014, 10:08:26 PM

sinkster

Jan 10, 2014, 6:30:59 AM via App

SMN9006 is a Chinese model, is that right?

Sinkster

Alec B.

Jan 10, 2014, 7:00:07 AM via Website

sinkster
SMN9006 is a Chinese model, is that right?

Yes

sinkster

Jan 10, 2014, 8:27:14 AM via App

OK. The reason I ask is that in most invalid imei cases it's due to the phone being a clone. What version of android, what baseband and what kernel are showing in system details?

— modified on Jan 10, 2014, 8:27:30 AM

Sinkster

Alec B.

Jan 10, 2014, 10:11:33 PM via Website

Hi

...the info you request is 3 reply posts earlier...the phone is at home, we now on 'quicky' holiday for 4 days.

hope you see info

cheers & thanks !
Alec B

Alec B.

Jan 11, 2014, 9:18:10 PM via Website

Hi....
My brother email details to me as you asked.

model. no. SMN9006.
version. 3.40-1590669
build. JSS15J.N9006ZCUBMI5
Android version : 4.4

Alec B

sinkster

Jan 11, 2014, 10:13:39 PM via App

It sounds like a clone. 4.4 hasn't been released for any Samsung device yet, and the build number is strange. There may be ways to get an imei though.

Sinkster

Alec B.

Jan 11, 2014, 10:31:03 PM via Website

Hi again
this sounds great !....

there is a IMEI under the battery.

Lead on with your info please !

I have bought 3 of these phones and this is the only weird one, we're a mobile S3 family.
I have 'Opened Dispute' with Seller, and expect total refund....no replacement will I take !
Cheers !
Alec B

sinkster

Jan 12, 2014, 12:45:16 AM via Website

Regarding the authenticity of the phone, 4.4 hasn't been released to any models other than Nexus devices and Google edition phones, plus the build number is a generic one used by many MTK chips. They're not bad processors but not quad-core, and more importantly not samsung. There are plenty of them about and are normally sold as clones, but some sellers don't specify this and market them as genuine Samsung phones. It'll have a custom rom to look like a Samsung UI, and a build.prop edit to show android o/s as 4.4.

Regarding the imei, it depends on the hardware of the phone, it's probably a 1.6ghz dual-core MediaTek chipset. If you check system details/hardware it should give you the correct info. If so, try dialling *#*#889988#*#*. It may bring up a hidden menu to change the IMEI. If not, reboot and dial *#*#3646633#*#* then select GPRS. You can enter the imei at '1st PDP', then select 'Attached' then 'Detached'
These will only work on a mtk chip so try and find out what your hardware is.

— modified on Jan 12, 2014, 12:55:41 AM

Sinkster

Alec B.

Jan 12, 2014, 2:54:22 AM via Website

Sorry....after getting mobile couriered to our camp site....and trying EVERYTHING you have suggest...neither *#*#... no. worked...rebooted several time with each No.
the only 2 things found was a
Serial No.

and this mumbo jumbo

IMEI (slot 1)
unknown

IMEI SV (slot 1) 78

there is no GPRS ...(only the GPS..and that doesn't 'open' .
I personally think we are flogging a dead horse ...(no neiiiiiighhh !!)

Any more tricks in your magic box, sir ?...:mad:..:angry:

cheers
Alec B

(PS : Downloaded AN TU TU and it found lots of 'inner' guff ...but this site won't allow me to write and post them to you....why ?????? !!!!!!

— modified on Jan 12, 2014, 9:53:44 AM by moderator

sinkster

Jan 12, 2014, 12:22:50 PM via Website

OK, one thing:

It can be illegal in certain places to change an imei, as ultimately it can be used to sell on stolen phones. It can be done, obviously, but your best bet is to return the phone or demand a refund. If you decide to keep the phone then you can use google to search for the appropriate forums/tools/pc apps to do this. I can't give you any links or guides as although you want to repair your imei the same information lets you change your imei which could feasibly be breaking the law in your country. There are plenty of people with the same issue and plenty of developers who have helped them out, and the information is fairly easy to find by searching for 'invalid imei mtk' or similar.

The codes I posted are for generic mtk devices so may not work on yours or others depending on the rom that has been flashed, so don't worry about it. Antutu may give you information about the chipset though it'll be from their database rather than internally: use this device identifier app to find out exactly what chipset you have, The phone is perfectly usable (apart from the imei issue) and the imei issue has probably been caused by flashing a rom(either by the vendor or manufacturer) but it may also imply a poor attempt to resell a stolen phone. It's up to you what you do with the info I've given you, Alec, so good luck.

Sinkster

Alec B.

Jan 12, 2014, 10:55:10 PM via Website

Hi Sinkster, SIr !!

we'll leave it there , thank you....your knowledge seems boundless....many mates are awaiting and learning from your knowledge...will again be in touch...in the future.
will try some of the apps you mentioned....

Again, thank you ....10,000 points !!!!

Yours
Alec B

MaTaDoR
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 22, 2014, 3:06:45 PM via Website

Hi can u help me on this please?!!
I have the same problem with my mobile

— modified on Feb 22, 2014, 3:12:16 PM

Alec B.

Feb 22, 2014, 9:21:35 PM via Website

Hi

Try Dr Mobiles Ltd, Wellington, New Zealand ....they have ALL the China mobile 'programs' for repair and installing IMEI...they fixed my prob...
for $NZ 60.00....Look online for actual address and email them.

Sohail Polani

Mar 28, 2014, 1:52:55 AM via Website

first put sim in then dail code *#*#889988#*#* . page will be open then activate GPRS ..then write IMEI 15 digits numbers ....its done ...........imei numbers most probably write on the box.....this solution is for Note3 clone ...

Atul Singhal

Apr 3, 2014, 1:15:14 PM via Website

will this method really work or not...because on ur risk i am resetting my phone and want to know whether this can let me install my imei

Joshua NA

Apr 20, 2014, 1:21:01 PM via Website

I have the same problem can get into the grps menu using reboot ##3646633## but can not figurel out how to enter a differnt imei number on that screen. any help would be appreciated thanks

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 21, 2014, 7:13:12 AM via Website

Well, I've done some googling which puts me down to the XDA thread that shows how to restore the IMEI number here have a look at it, i think it is going to help you out !! :O "forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2447342"

ann perez
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 23, 2014, 1:51:09 AM via Website

Alec B.

Hi again this sounds great !....

there is a IMEI under the battery.

Lead on with your info please !

I have bought 3 of these phones and this is the only weird one, we're a mobile S3 family. I have 'Opened Dispute' with Seller, and expect total refund....no replacement will I take ! Cheers ! Alec B

ann perez

Apr 23, 2014, 1:52:45 AM via Website

Hi, read all the threads and u mentioned that the IMEI is under the battery. What exactly does it says?,,under the battery it only shows A/N: AA/D8301S/2-B , Is this the IMEI?

Syed Irfan Haider

Apr 27, 2014, 8:00:41 AM via Website

It worked for me thaaanks aloot...:)

virtuosity

May 19, 2014, 5:01:14 AM via Website

sinkster

Regarding the authenticity of the phone, 4.4 hasn't been released to any models other than Nexus devices and Google edition phones, plus the build number is a generic one used by many MTK chips. They're not bad processors but not quad-core, and more importantly not samsung. There are plenty of them about and are normally sold as clones, but some sellers don't specify this and market them as genuine Samsung phones. It'll have a custom rom to look like a Samsung UI, and a build.prop edit to show android o/s as 4.4.

Regarding the imei, it depends on the hardware of the phone, it's probably a 1.6ghz dual-core MediaTek chipset. If you check system details/hardware it should give you the correct info. If so, try dialling ##889988##. It may bring up a hidden menu to change the IMEI. If not, reboot and dial ##3646633## then select GPRS. You can enter the imei at '1st PDP', then select 'Attached' then 'Detached'

Dear all..

i had one note 3 clone N9006 when i put simcard it says No Service, i have tried factory reset, flash it with another ROM, write IMEI again but it still says No Service..

1. what can i do to get this phone working again?
  2. is there another parameter that makes the phone register to network?
  3. how can i know if my nv items/folder is corrupt? how can i rebuild this area?

Hardware : MT6582
Model : Samsung GALAXY Note 3
Build number : ALPS.JB5.MP.V1.5
Build date UTC : 20131227-080544
Android v : 4.4
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V10.P2, 2013/10/23 17:49
Kernel v : 3.4.5 (rs@rs-ThinkStation-D30) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Fri Dec 27 16:03:35 CST 2013

this phone is new so when i tried to use it for the first time it already says No Service but with Invalid imei, i write the imei with codes to access the gprs menu i use this codes ##46340##, write imei successful but still no service...

thanks for your advice

hari

May 22, 2014, 8:30:35 PM via Website

Hi sinkster,

Thanks to ur tricks for invalid issue. Now I'm facing issue that is ,,,
1)before to reset the device it was showing welcome note as Samsung note 3 with Samsung tone, now it showing mediatek and android.
2) after reset my what's up is showing error msg that, you have not connected to network (I can download or open websites through same network).
3) my SD card is 8GB card, but in storage its showing only 1.27GB capacity, I have tried with other SD cards also.
3) In world time my country or cities are not showing. India is my country.

Can u suggest any tricks or methods to solve this issue.
Waiting for or reply.

Thanks & Regards
Hari

Shukr Ullah

Dec 18, 2014, 7:50:18 PM via Website

sinkster

Regarding the imei, it depends on the hardware of the phone, it's probably a 1.6ghz dual-core MediaTek chipset. If you check system details/hardware it should give you the correct info. If so, try dialling ##889988##. It may bring up a hidden menu to change the IMEI. If not, reboot and dial ##3646633## then select GPRS. You can enter the imei at '1st PDP', then select 'Attached' then 'Detached'

Bridgett Curtis

Feb 7, 2015, 6:39:47 AM via Website

Hi there I have a note 4 but when I do *#06# the imei number I get is all 111111111111 have the correct imei from the back of the phone how do I input the correct imei number I am getting a red X in the signal bar and it says mobile network not found I did a factory reset but still the same please help

Adil Saifee

Jul 1, 2015, 8:33:30 PM via Website

Thank you admin(sinkster)
U really helped me
so much
That i cant defined my words

Ur tricks really works
Thanks alot
May allah bless you
With the best guidance
And wellbeing

mohamed mansoor

Aug 3, 2015, 5:28:29 PM via Website

this ir working ...for sure...100%

Fawad Ahmed

Sep 11, 2015, 2:36:31 PM via Website

Hi every one
I have flashed my galaxy alpha clone and after all that phone is fine and working. But there is no signal and showing invalid IMEI help me plz.

Cherie Faeth Alonzo

Feb 8, 2016, 12:34:34 AM via Website

My emei is invalid but I can connect to WiFi but I can't call, text coz there's no signal

Cherie Faeth Alonzo

Feb 8, 2016, 12:41:47 AM via Website

Model:SM-N9006
FCC ID:A3LSMN9006
SSN:-N9006GSMH
RATED:3-8V----;1300MA
MADE IN KOREA BY SAMSUNG

Mod edit : Please do not share your IMEI number publicly

— modified on Feb 8, 2016, 4:32:05 AM by moderator