Do you care about china brand phone?

• Replies:4
DonCui
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 8, 2014, 9:11:20 AM via Website

The second half of War of smartphone war broke! Saturated by the high-end smart phone market, Apple, Samsung, HTC three brands war, launched simultaneously marketing war machine sea war broke out with cheap phones. The new game is the key battleground China and Chinese brands.

let's star a Mobile Solitaire about china brand phone

Format is as follows:

Brand Model: ####

Features: ####

where find : ####

I first :

china new brand phone catee ct 100

low-powered, low price

1949deal website

please go on

— modified on Jan 8, 2014, 9:11:42 AM

MrCooper
  • Forum posts: 23

Feb 12, 2014, 4:16:51 AM via Website

I've bought a few android based phones from china to test out, i would say none of them were quite up to expectations. In fact, one time I got a box full of broken SD cards..... weird i know! be careful what you buy from china

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Feb 12, 2014, 7:23:09 AM via Website

well, @Doncui we do care about Chinese phone because in the real world they are the source of inspiration of our innovation. Chinese phone market is one of the biggest phone market! I will really look forward in checking out the Chinese brand phones. :lol:

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Feb 12, 2014, 10:26:21 AM via Website

There are good points and bad points with clone/lookalike phones from the Chinese market; they provide great value in respect to performance per pound and they tend to be hard to differentiate from the original physically, but they lack the technical finesse and advances of the mainstream manufacturers. Personally, my main concern is the lack of support from both the manufacturer and the supplier. One of the bigger names (Goophone), who have been making android iPhone clones for a few years, had one of their latest iPhone 5 clone models reviewed by an independent blogger who found out this:
Fake Specs:
- 1.4GHz MTK MT6589 quad-core processor
- 4 inch In-cell screen, Retna 1280*720 pixel display
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB Buit-in Memory
- Support 3G network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 & WCDMA 850/2100 MHz
- 8MP back camera + 1.3MP front camera
- Android 4.0 OS

Real Specs: (This is after digging deep in the bowels of this thing!!!)
- 1.2 MTK6577 Dual-Core
- 512 Ram
- 16GB Buit-in Memory
- Android 2.3.6 GingerBread
- No A-GPS

While there is support for MK chipsets it tends to be generic, so rooting and custom roms/kernels are only theoretically possible.

— modified on Feb 12, 2014, 10:27:14 AM

Sinkster

Ben Roveno
  • Forum posts: 22

Mar 29, 2014, 5:01:16 AM via Website

I'm actually quite interested to buy XIaomi Mi3 in the near future. This phone looks cool. And the fact that this is powered by NVIDIA's Tegra 4 and 3000mAh battery always makes me drool. I don't like MIUI though, so i'll probably root it and install some custom ROM with stock Android UI. :D Can't wait to see this phone land in my country soon.