HTC Sensation XE — Is it worth upgrading to ICS

• Replies:2
albert whitehouse
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 9, 2014, 8:31:23 PM via Website

I'm seriously thinking of buying a HTC Sensation XE, which will doubtless be on Gingerbread. what are the pros and cons of upgrading to Ice Cream Sandwich? Although I had an Android phone a couple of years ago I sold it pretty swiftly, so I'm pretty much a newbie with Android. My wife has just bought a Samsung Galaxy s 5380i which runs gingerbread, is there any advantage in keeping to the same version as my wife has? Also, are there any potential problems in the upgrade process? I'd appreciate your thoughts, thanks.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jan 9, 2014, 9:47:31 PM via Website

The Sensation/Sensation XE should run ICS out the box as it received an official update in the 1st quarter of 2012 though if it's on gingerbread when you first switch it on then it'll upgrade automatically anyway(do it via WiFi, it's over 300mb). Being an official upgrade there won't be any problems, and ICS is quite a noticeable step forward from Gingerbread, especially in memory management and fluidity. There may be some apps that have different versions for either 2.3/4.0 but there shouldn't be any issues.

Sinkster

albert whitehouse
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 10, 2014, 8:20:40 PM via Website

Thanks for the reply, you've put my mind at ease - I was bothered about bricking the phone if I'm quite honest....