Developer required: Teacher developing a "quiz/test format" Mobile App to assist exam preparation.

• Replies:2
John Pickles
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 13, 2014, 1:51:56 PM via Website

Dear Developers,

I am looking for someone who can build me a “quiz/test format” type mobile App predominantly for Android Smartphones. What I want to know from prospective developers is whether you can do it and a rough cost - after further discussions. This message is just a feeler to get an idea of interest. I can supply more details to anyone interested. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

To introduce myself, I´m a teacher who prepares students for English grammar tests. It´s often quite difficult to motivate teenage students to put in extra hours to do homework or exam revision. Initially, I put this down to them not being motivated in general. However, I´ve noticed that while waiting before class, and sometimes even during lessons, they enjoy using mobile Apps or doing quizzes on their mobile phones (under the desk!).

What I would like to create is an App in a quiz/test question format that can help students to learn English in preparation for their exams. I can get my own students to road test it, which will benefit them, and eventually I would hope to make it available to other students via Google Play which could generate an amount of revenue via advertising that enables me to recoup the investment of paying someone to program the App. I would also like to make a ´Pro´ version of the App available to buy for a small charge. However I don´t expect many students would want to pay for it!

I have created my own websites in the past (not related to teaching) so am fairly familiar with html. However, these days I don´t have enough time to learn about the latest programming or how to build mobile Apps. That´s why I´m looking for someone who can do the programming and back end work for me. I have previously worked in product design and graphic design, so the visual aspect won´t be a problem so I can provide some of the front end visuals and stipulate how I want things presented. I´m looking for someone to program the App and set up a question bank so that I can add to it independently because I want to be independent of the programmer once the App goes live. I want the updating process to be straightforward without me having to bother a programmer each time.

Users would have an account where they work through practice questions, keep a check on their progress and also get a score. There would also be test mode option, where users have to complete a full test against the clock.

The presentation will be quite basic, but without looking cheap. The most important thing is that the app needs to look trustworthy, dependable and safe. It will mainly be presented in black san- serif text on a white background. The App needs to run smoothly and there won´t be any need for animations, audio or videos. With it being a language exam trainer, people need to have full confidence that the answers are correct. Any bugs in the system will cause people to lose confidence it.

Answers will be entered by one of two methods. A selection of multi-choice options A, B, C or D. Or entering a word or words into a text window. Answers will generally be right or wrong, however sometimes there might be 2 possible answers when words are typed into a box. Answer feedback will either be instant (which is why this App is better than a student book) or during test mode error correction feedback at the end.

During the planning process I can provide a flow chart to show you exactly how I want the App to run and the user to interface it. I´ve got a clear idea about how I want it to work, this will enable the programmer to have a clear idea about what is required.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,

John

— modified on Jan 15, 2014, 12:08:40 PM

Swati Bagaria
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 28, 2014, 11:27:45 AM via Website

Hi John,

I love you app idea and how you have clearly described your vision about your app. I am reaching out of CodeMyMobile, an app development company based in NYC and Noida, India. Our website speaks the most about us.

The job description says it's an education App. We are a team of 20+ developers with expertise in web/mobile applications on entertainment, social networking, education and lifestyle. Currently, we are developing two huge projects based on social ecommerce, deals and offers. We are experts in GPS, Location, Messaging, Social sharing on all the popular social networks, etc.

We are keen to know more about your app. Please share your email id, wherein I can send you detail of how we work.
For your reference, please check India's Best car app developed by us on our website. codemymobile.com.

With experiences compiled with brilliant minds, we are ready to create a difference in Mobile Apps industry.

We would like to understand your strategy and plans regarding app development. Should you be free for a Skype call to discuss the whole idea in detail? Our Skype- ID is CodeMyMobile-USA

Looking forward to taking to you.

Best!

Swati

P.S we will send you a detailed quote for your project within 2 days of receiving more information about your app.

Daphne Ray
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 12, 2014, 12:23:25 AM via Website

D&P groups is one of the top leading business innovation firm for new business ideas. We are an 4 year niche yet cost-efficient web, mobile & Google glass app dev firm based in Forney, Texas. Moreover, we also help companies in digital marketing and advertising.
What we do?
 Enterprise Application Solutions
 Content Management System
 Web Portal / Applications
 E-Commerce Solutions
 Mobile apps Development
 Gamified Apps Development
 Google Glass Apps Development
 SmartWatch Apps Development
 Bootstrap
 And many more
Kindly revert back if you are interested. I would be happy to setup an meeting with my Chief Information Officer to show case few of our works which is relevant to your industry. It would be great if you can pass this communication to the concern department.
Thanking you in advance. Look forward for your response.

Kind Regards,
Daphne Ray
Digital Marketing Manager
D&P Groups
Email id: - sales@dnpgr.com