interface changes

• Replies:13
Franklin Joseph
  • Forum posts: 7

Jan 16, 2014, 11:35:16 AM via Website

I very recently rooted my droid! i am searching for an app which can the interface like, lock-screen, menu, and most of the other GUI related things.
i also would like to know what i should do to upgrade from gingerbread to a higher version!
thank you. your suggestions would be helpfull.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jan 16, 2014, 12:33:13 PM via Website

You've plenty of options. GoLocker and MagicLocker are probably the most popular custom lockscreen apps, and if you're more adventurous ZipThemer lets you change almost anything. Most launchers have their own UI that overrides some of the stock UI, Nova/Apex/go launchers being the most popular.
Regarding upgrading your OS from gingerbread, it depends on what phone you have. Most phones have custom roms such as CyanogenMod, AOKP, Miui and others, which all have their own versions of the android UI. What phone do you have?

Sinkster

Franklin Joseph

Jan 18, 2014, 10:57:06 AM via Website

Its been few days since i rooted my Micromax A56. There are problems i face like the apps close on its own! what do i do :(

sinkster

Jan 18, 2014, 11:00:17 AM via App

try going into recovery and wiping the dalvik cache. it's under the advanced settings in both twrp or cwm

Sinkster

Franklin Joseph

Jan 18, 2014, 11:43:33 AM via Website

i tried that but its still the same! for ex: i play a song, after 30 sec it stops on its own.
or i try typing a message the keyboard closes! is there something wrong with the configration?

sinkster

Jan 18, 2014, 12:59:03 PM via App

try the fix permissions option, it should be in recovery somewhere.
did you wrote your data after rooting? I'm not too familiar with the ninja 2 root method, but normally after you root it's wise to wrote your data or even factory reset.

Sinkster

Franklin Joseph

Jan 18, 2014, 2:29:53 PM via Website

how do i write my data? i have no idea about it. and yeah i will try factory resetting it!
than you so much. :)

Franklin Joseph

Jan 19, 2014, 9:51:28 AM via Website

i tried resetting my phone! except for the the data loss, nothing else happen. the problem is still there :/

— modified on Jan 19, 2014, 9:51:57 AM

sinkster

Jan 19, 2014, 1:35:22 PM via Website

What method did you use to root the phone? Some rooting methods change the data partition, which means your stock rom apps may not work. Have you cleared the data for each app individually?

Sinkster

Franklin Joseph

Jan 20, 2014, 4:31:26 PM via Website

i rooted the device using 'POOT' application. (without a PC)
if you could tell me how to clear the data i would do it. and before rooting also i faced the same problem, so i thought it would be fine after rooting but its got a bit worse.

sinkster

Jan 20, 2014, 6:45:56 PM via Website

The force close issue is due to the phone having low RAM. Use an app (I used to use Auto memory manager) to prevent some apps using memory unnecessarily, and uninstall or disable any apps you're not going to use.

Sinkster

Franklin Joseph

Jan 22, 2014, 11:52:49 AM via Website

i think it has got a bit better now. thank you so much, but it still has a little problem left.. (same thing)
and android runs on kernels right? so can we change the kernels embedded into it?

sinkster

Jan 22, 2014, 12:10:14 PM via Website

Yes, but only a device specific kernel. This kernel for the A56/A57 from XDA has better memory management amongst other features, but before diving in read the post and ensure that you understand what you're doing, and that you have a nandroid backup. Also, this site should offer you some how-to's and custom roms too. Good luck :)

Sinkster