Which Android app is best for scanning documents?

• Replies:12
pluglesstech
  • Forum posts: 67

Jan 17, 2014, 3:14:24 PM via Website

Which android app is best for scanning documents through Samsung Note 3?

— modified on Jan 17, 2014, 3:20:34 PM by moderator

ohgeeej
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 28, 2014, 9:30:00 AM via Website

I have been using this application called Camscanner. Document's text is clearly visible!
And I can sync across all my mobile devices

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jan 28, 2014, 11:15:54 AM via Website

Camscanner is a really good one, then there is also Mobile Doc Scanner Lite which I find to work well.

You can also scan using the Google Drive app. when opening up the app, open the menu and tap on Add new. Here oyu will choose the scan option. You can even add a Drive widget to your home screen and tap on the camera icon to make it open quickly to the scan interface.

What's great about it is that Drive will also extract the document part from the rest of the photo to be saved separately in a PDF file, which you can then rotate and crop at will.

Evernote is good too.

pluglesstech
  • Forum posts: 67

Jan 30, 2014, 8:21:41 AM via Website

Loie Favre
Camscanner is a really good one, then there is also Mobile Doc Scanner Lite which I find to work well.

You can also scan using the Google Drive app. when opening up the app, open the menu and tap on Add new. Here oyu will choose the scan option. You can even add a Drive widget to your home screen and tap on the camera icon to make it open quickly to the scan interface.

What's great about it is that Drive will also extract the document part from the rest of the photo to be saved separately in a PDF file, which you can then rotate and crop at will.

Evernote is good too.

Thanks for the great share. I use Google drive everyday.
Is it working with iOS devices like iPhone 5?

Paul Inglais
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 11, 2014, 8:58:53 AM via Website

YouSnap is what I use at work especially after meetings to capture what's been written on the board. It lets me export to PDF so that I can share the stuff with my colleagues straight away. I've even found myself using it on weekends, to take pictures of hiking maps before setting out for a long walk. You can find it on Play Store.

Jan Kreuzer
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 13, 2014, 2:06:22 PM via Website

Have you tried ScanWritr? It is a fairly new app that made a lot of progress in almost no time. Been using the Pro version for half a year now and don't want to switch. I love the real-time paper detection and ability to sign documents. I probably signed like 15 documents for my bank transactions, stored around 30 important bills... Call me old fashioned, but I even sent fax once :D

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 16

Jan 20, 2015, 10:20:31 AM via Website

Doc scanner app is best one for use.

Clare Watson
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 14, 2015, 12:15:52 PM via Website

Camscanner is the best app for scanning docs.

muleso

Feb 12, 2019, 7:52:40 PM via Website

I never use the Android app for scanning document, but I use document scanning solutions will transfer your files into searchable digital images your documents can be filled digitally for instant access.

michelle28

Apr 7, 2019, 2:22:58 PM via Website

Hello there,
Camscanner is the best app for scanning for all documents this app most important point is that click any documents change the color & different -2 color option choice option to show. This app working on only documents & the second point is that click photos shaw the option choice any document shape & another person share any document.

— modified on Apr 7, 2019, 2:23:58 PM

martin smith
  • Forum posts: 277

Apr 8, 2019, 8:01:30 AM via Website

CamScanner is the best android app for scanning documents...

kalantos
  • Forum posts: 23

May 23, 2019, 3:50:19 AM via Website

Adobe Scan is a good choice

PremPixelStudios
  • Forum posts: 12

Jun 27, 2019, 7:36:54 AM via Website

Have only used CamScanner a lot, does a great job,(angel) but has ads.(devil)