Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — Why is Media flattening my battery

• Replies:3
Trevor Alan
  • Forum posts: 10

Jan 24, 2014, 9:40:51 AM via Website

I have a 4mth old Galaxy Note 2 whose battery usually lasts about 2 days: used to.
It now lasts less than One.
The screen was always the biggest user of power until about 2 weeks ago when it became 'Media'. The screen averages about 30% of what 'Media' uses!!!
I have un-installed apps that were new on the phone and nothing else has changed in the way I use it.
Can anyone tell me what MEDIA refers to in the Battery Usage stats please?
Trevor

— modified on Jan 24, 2014, 10:06:37 AM

Trevor Alan

Jan 24, 2014, 10:04:57 AM via Website

This image above was made on the day Google and Samsung had done App updates, otherwise that would not show as a battery drain.
The usage percents on all other devices and processes is about average.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jan 24, 2014, 10:19:58 AM via App

I used to get this a lot on my One X, it was related to uploads/downloads. The biggest culprit was Google+ backing up existing pictures.

Sinkster

Trevor Alan

Jan 25, 2014, 2:13:19 AM via Website

sinkster
I used to get this a lot on my One X, it was related to uploads/downloads. The biggest culprit was Google+ backing up existing pictures.

Thanks for te suggestion Sinkster but it remains a frustrating mystery.
I do not use Google+ (still just Facebooking) ans my main data downloads are when Play Store wants to update apps. This really is a very unused phone - Check FB a few times a day, 10 txts, check emails (read only), a weather app that updates every 6hours etc. Something changed in the settings somewhere about 2weeks ago and i cannot track it down.
Trevor