Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — touchwiz home?

• Replies:8
Harry Hogan
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 28, 2014, 1:12:18 AM via App

All of a sudden whenever I want to leave an app I get this screen that needs me to choose between touchwiz home and touchwiz easy home. When I choose one it says go to app manager/clear defaults/tap clear. This of course does nothing and I am stuck in this circle.
any help out there?

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jan 28, 2014, 6:48:02 PM via Website

Hey Harry!

That's odd. What device do you have?

Try going into the settings, and under the subcategory Device, you'll find home screen mode. Choose the basic mode and then apply.

Did that work?

soraya felix
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 6, 2014, 2:43:23 AM via Website

After trying new launchers , resetting factory , clearing defaults on set default launcher on application manager and no results .... I finally remove the last update of the google search and Voila !! Solved ! It makes the touch wiz very unstable . Go to the google store and uninstall it , it won't remove google search altogether , it will only remove the update ! It has been 3 days .... So happy !!

Carla Dancel

Apr 9, 2014, 10:35:58 AM via Website

@soraya Felix. I tried re installing the Google search as u have said and that worked for my phone. Thanks. Been having the same issue for quite sometime.

Jeff Soldo

Aug 6, 2014, 3:01:06 PM via Website

soraya felix

After trying new launchers , resetting factory , clearing defaults on set default launcher on application manager and no results .... I finally remove the last update of the google search and Voila !! Solved ! It makes the touch wiz very unstable . Go to the google store and uninstall it , it won't remove google search altogether , it will only remove the update ! It has been 3 days .... So happy !!

Wow, how did you figure that out? It worked. That was so irritating! Thank you

Gloria Bravo

Aug 26, 2014, 10:56:39 PM via Website

I just had the same problem and maybe someone else might need this I went into Settings there is a subcategory Devise on there I went to Easy mode I turned it on and then off and I got the Touchwiz message off... It was driving me crazy so that's why I posted this someone might be going crazy as well.

Carl Marsh
  • Forum posts: 3

May 19, 2015, 5:53:10 PM via Website

I've had the same isuue since 'upgrading' to Lollipop - when exiting an app, I'm asked if I want to use TouchWiz Home 'always' or 'just once' (or an alternative, which on my phone is just Easy Home). Selecting 'always' doesn't stop the message recurring. I've also tried clearing the app defaults, to no avail. I've even run a complete factory reset (to fix some other problems that arrived with Lollipop) but this one remains.

I thought I'd fixed it by following the advice (on this page) to switch to Easy Home and then back to TouchWiz Home again - that seemed to work, but when the phone ws switched off overnight and on again in the morning the message came back.

It really is driving me nuts now, so any suggestions welcome!

Michel Farah

Michel Farah

Mar 18, 2016, 10:48:40 AM via Website

Hello
thanks for sharing your experience.
i am facing the same problem on my Note 3, and also Note 5 which i bought yesterday, and it just drives me crazy. I tired all advices of re-setting the device to factory settings, clear defaults apps, switch to easy then to Home mode, uninstall the last update of Google search, but no use.

any suggestion please?

thanks

Lorin Peebles

Mar 9, 2017, 8:44:50 PM via Website

I have tried EVERYTHING. And nothing has worked. This! This simple trick did it. THANK YOU!