Samsung Galaxy S3 — Galaxy s3 won't reset. Black screen, audible sounds. Please help

• Replies:3
karen
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 5, 2014, 6:10:05 PM via Website

I have an issue with my new, less than 1 week old, galaxy S3 phone. it stopped performing while i was using it. I turned it off to restart it and now nothing but a black screen but some audible sounds. I have attempted the remove the battery trick, and the hard reset with nothing. No logo appears when attempting the reset. I can't attempt the other type of reset either because of the black screen, I can't see the prompts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

— modified on Feb 5, 2014, 6:10:51 PM

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Feb 5, 2014, 6:47:30 PM via Website

It could be a couple of things. Firstly, the display or digitizer may be broken, though this would only be likely after a drop or hard knock. Also, when the S3 first came out quite a few of them had faulty firmware, which resulted in a 'BSOD' (black screen of death) where the phone simply bricked for no reason. It will be covered by warranty, but if it's new then it should already have the update. If you can't get anything on the screen at the bootloader then it definitely sounds like that though.

Sinkster

karen
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 5, 2014, 6:54:29 PM via Website

:( It didn't drop, thank you for your input. Much appreciated.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Feb 5, 2014, 7:08:54 PM via Website

It does sound like a warranty job, plus if there is a resolution it would mean wiping your phone anyway. I'd take it back to where you got it, if you can. If not contact you carrier.

Sinkster