How to install Google Play Store (if it is not pre-installed)

• Replies:34
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Feb 6, 2014, 6:44:12 PM via Website

You might pick up a tablet in China or another device around the traps that doesn't have the Google Play Store pre-installed. Getting it on there is actually pretty simple. This method requires root access.

Download a couple of APKs, you can usually find the newest bundle in a zip package on XDA Developers:

• Google Play Store (the newest version you can find)
  • Google Services Framework
  • Google Login Service/Account Manager
If you are rooted you can copy them to your root directory to System/App using a root manager like ES File Explorer. Then just restart your device.

If this doesn't work first time you might need to change the permissions on the new APKs to match the rest on your device. Use a file explorer like ES for this. Apparently if you're not rooted you can simply install each APK then reboot and it works for some devices. This sounds a little fishy to me but you never know.

Reboot and add your Google account in Settings > Accounts > Add account.

Look for the Play Store in your app drawer and hey presto!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Awaiz AhmadGiannis Konstantinidissurya kumarLalit

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Feb 7, 2014, 6:58:17 AM via Website

I am sure several users are going to be benefits by this post !! It look a lot more like experimenting with the whole thing.... -_-

— modified on Feb 7, 2014, 4:29:00 PM by moderator

Apolzan Marius
  • Forum posts: 5

Feb 10, 2014, 4:53:07 PM via App

actually it is possible without root too, just to install the google play service apk, after that i think that running it and login in should just downloading it itself, i know it worked without root

surya kumar

Kris Carlon

Feb 10, 2014, 5:57:07 PM via Website

Ah cool, @ Apolzan, so you did the non-rooted APK install version and it worked fine? Good to have confirmation. Just for our readers, all you did was install the Play Store APK and the rest sorted itself out?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Apolzan Marius
  • Forum posts: 5

Feb 12, 2014, 2:26:15 AM via Website

yes,but i installed the google play service apk,not the store apk and it worked out like a charm without root,i think that installing the service,that has an option of installing the store too,i don't remember well,but that device i still have it and it's still unrooted,anyway it's no big deal to install the store after the service if it won't install by itself,thing is that it will ask to accept the google agreements of the true android device blah blah i think hahaha,like that is gonna stop any of us to use the google onour android devices :P

Kris Carlon

Grace Zhu
  • Forum posts: 1

May 24, 2014, 2:35:04 AM via Website

I try to install Google play service without rooting. After I installed Google service APK and open it, I got a message that "Google Services stopped unexpectedly, try again". Did anybody encounter this situation?

Kris Carlon

May 31, 2014, 8:15:36 PM via Website

Try going into your settings and into apps, then scroll to the Running tab, and clear the cache and data from Google Play Services and then try again. You an also try removing your Google account and then re-adding it.

MrM3ow
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 27, 2015, 3:20:46 PM via Website

I have done all the things, after them Google play crashed...(thinking)

Gábor Bánóczi

MrM3ow

Jan 27, 2015, 3:21:25 PM via Website

@GraceZhu yes, but I have root :3

— modified on Jan 27, 2015, 3:22:13 PM

Neal Cheung

Feb 20, 2015, 5:22:21 AM via Website

why I cannot find the file SYSTEM.and I have rooted my phone ,under the the directory of Android I only could find 'data '.last the Googleplay store doesn't work on my device .please help !by the way ,I use VPN .

Pranay Rana
  • Forum posts: 7

Feb 20, 2015, 9:42:08 AM via Website

Just try download the latest version of GAPPS for your particular OS version, and flash it via stock recover. That should do it.

Saurabh Sharma

Apr 20, 2015, 4:59:12 PM via Website

Kris Carlon

You might pick up a tablet in China or another device around the traps that doesn't have the Google Play Store pre-installed. Getting it on there is actually pretty simple. This method requires root access.

Download a couple of APKs, you can usually find the newest bundle in a zip package on XDA Developers :

Google Play Store (the newest version you can find)
Google Services Framework
Google Login Service/Account Manager

If you are rooted you can copy them to your root directory to System/App using a root manager like ES File Explorer . Then just restart your device.

If this doesn't work first time you might need to change the permissions on the new APKs to match the rest on your device. Use a file explorer like ES for this. Apparently if you're not rooted you can simply install each APK then reboot and it works for some devices. This sounds a little fishy to me but you never know.

Reboot and add your Google account in Settings > Accounts > Add account.

Look for the Play Store in your app drawer and hey presto!

I have a tablet in which google play store is not preinstalled and I install its apk but still didn't worked. Than I make it system App than also not worked?

Any solution for this..?

Tablet is Datawind 3G7 (DW-UBT23G7)

Tati Leutwiler

Apr 29, 2015, 7:43:07 PM via Website

Hi,

First of all I'd like to thank you so much! I live in China and have searched all over the internet for a solution for my tablet, and this was the first time someone posted something that actually almost worked!

Now for the problem... I followed step by step all your tips, including changing the permissions in the apks to match the other in my device. However, it still doesn't work. I keep receiving screen warnings that all the new apks stopped working, and can't even register my Google account.

I tried installing without rooting first, and I must say it worked better. At least then I could log in to my Google account and open the Play Store, but then it said there was no internet connection (and yes, I use a VPN, since Google is blocked in China).

Any idea what I could do now?

Saurav Sharma

Jan 7, 2016, 12:55:40 PM via Website

Plz help
I have rooted my tab n have found the system /app directory but when I try to copy it to the directory it says image

Plz help someone

Harsha Munna

Apr 4, 2016, 3:04:05 PM via Website

I did what I told but I haverootedalso I kept apls at system/app
Then coo Ming error rh-01image

— modified on Apr 4, 2016, 3:07:03 PM

Giannis Konstantinidis

Jun 18, 2016, 9:26:44 PM via Website

I was trying to fix my phone for 2 days now, after a firmware update, which deleted all my apps and I only had some chinese apps, no Play Store and after so much time wasted on searching how to fix it, you were the one that DID IT!!! I did exactly what you said, I downloaded the 3 apps and I installed one after restart and so on. Thank you so much Kris!! ;)

Feng Jing

Feb 23, 2017, 2:18:48 PM via Website

Hello, I do encounter this problem , my device is Asus ZenPad 3s , o installed every app which is nesscerry ,the framework works fine , but services always stops working , I'm freaking out , does monebody knows how ?

Promo
  • Forum posts: 18

Feb 25, 2017, 3:56:08 AM via Website

You can check what is the problem with logcat. It should print what was crashed

Oscar Ortega

Apr 16, 2017, 6:50:48 AM via Website

Hi Feng Jing. Did you found a solution? I have the same problem with asus zenpad 3s. I cannot find a google play services version that actually works without crashing. And i wasnt able to login in a google account.

Juned Memon
  • Forum posts: 14

May 15, 2017, 4:28:46 PM via Website

By mistake I installed custom ROM without GAPPs....
Then I install GAPPs separately through TWRP...

Crystal Reinl
  • Forum posts: 12

Jun 8, 2017, 12:09:51 PM via Website

I'm going to buy a new Nubia Z17 phone, however, heard that not comes with Google Play store, anyone install in on this new phone?

Owen Thomas

Jun 12, 2017, 9:38:16 PM via Website

I have just received my Nubia z17 mini, and you're right: Google Play is not installed.

I have no idea how to get Google products. I live in France, so there's no reason why they shouldn't be available.

I've tried the instructions from page 1, but to no avail.

Could anybody help? If so, please be as patronising as possible. I'm not very technical.

Thanks a lot :)

d.k4

Oct 4, 2017, 10:37:43 PM via Website

i try these all things like this www.gsm4g.com/category/samsung-android-phones and also change the version of play-store but unfortunately not open and error shows ( unfortunately playstore not open error) and close the application in android phone, so plz any body give me proper version of playstore which run in china android.

Merlin Palmer

Mar 9, 2018, 10:58:57 AM via Website

Hi Feng Jing, Were you able to get google apps to work on your device? I have the same one and really want to get this working.

Stanislav Babaev
  • Forum posts: 10

Mar 28, 2018, 2:54:30 PM via Website

try to use apkpure to download google play to your phone

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Apr 1, 2018, 3:19:43 PM via Website

Why would you want to install play store when you can access it on the Internet?
Installing play store is giving google a back door for all thier annoying updates, ya know all thoes updates you get designed to overload your storage when google comes out with a new phone that they want you to purchase!
That also sounds like a waste of storage space too me.
Just add Play Store to your quick access page.

— modified on Apr 1, 2018, 3:27:14 PM

BALLER

Jun 19, 2018, 5:52:27 PM via Website

Let me tell you something. I spent a lot of time trying to root my phone, and installing many different versions of google play, google services framework, and none of it worked. You are better off just using something like aptoide, an alternative apk installer. If you must use google products, then open your web browser, and go to maps.google.com, gmail.com, or youtube.com

— modified on Jun 19, 2018, 5:58:07 PM

MURALI

Nov 28, 2018, 6:38:14 PM via Website

I brought this device from China . it has no google apps store, can i load to it? if how and please explain the steps to do. I am a layman, I very much thank full to who consider me.

aptosidenines
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 9, 2019, 1:21:56 PM via Website

try to use apkpure to download google play to your phone

Uchime

Jul 12, 2019, 5:02:16 PM via Website

Yh...most times it is very easy to install....but using different steps....if you need any help installing google Playstore on your Chinese device no matter the manufacturer...Playstore cannot work on chinese phones without having the core functionality present in GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES. So once I have google play services installed...yu can enjoy your phone to the fullest with google add on functionality...I would have loved to show some images as proof of me running it on phones like gionee gn5001,5002, and the gionee gn series in general...yu can also do that on huawei,xiaomi...xo chat me up

— modified on Jul 12, 2023, 3:33:05 AM

vivane

Nov 19, 2019, 1:41:45 PM via Website

The downlaod link is dead, please share up to date link

Andy Smith
  • Forum posts: 33

Nov 20, 2019, 10:36:53 AM via Website

Thanks for your important tips.

Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Nov 21, 2019, 4:48:01 AM via Website

From the phone APP store to download Google play store, or, use the browser installed on the phone to download and install Google play store.

1ExtendMOZ

Feb 26, 2020, 2:04:10 AM via Website

How to install Google Play on your Android device - not factory installed, I made a tutorial if you have time to watch.

youtu.be/pUjSWMFcMPQ

— modified on Feb 26, 2020, 2:04:40 AM

Simortson
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 11, 2020, 3:23:02 PM via Website

I also can't download at google play store