Samsung Galaxy S4 — How to activate 4G on your Galaxy S4 (and other Samsung phones)

• Replies:9
  • Stickied
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Feb 7, 2014, 10:45:27 AM via Website

Hi everyone! :grin:

This may seem quite simple, but many beginner Android users are having trouble with this.

To be able to take advantage of the 4G network, you need to activate the 4G settings beforehand. Here are the steps:

Once you are on the home screen of your device, tap on the settings button.
Next select More settings.
Then go to Mobile networks and select Network mode.
Here check the box for LTE/GSM/WCDMA (auto-mode).

Now your 4G network has been activated!

Do you have any further questions or problems?

Vishal HadaGT Ohh

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Feb 7, 2014, 10:56:10 AM via Website

It is sure a great post for the beginners.... i always tracked down your posts because every time you post something that is different from others:# ... i will be looking forward for some more of the interesting posts for the average users !!:lol:

paola andrea martin
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 25, 2014, 1:33:53 AM via Website

I can't find the network mode option on my daughter's phone. It's att and it is an unlocked phone.

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 28, 2014, 1:12:25 PM via Website

Hey Paola,

Do you mean that "network mode" is not listed in the "mobile networks" section??

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jul 31, 2014, 6:17:09 AM via Website

Hey Paola,
Well, that seems weird there is no network mode available over the Mobile Network any way Paola let us try again from the start. Try going to settings>Wireless and Networks>More settings>Mobile Networks>Network Mode :?? Did you find it now??

Andrew bent

Dec 30, 2014, 9:15:02 AM via Website

Very new to this phone but already getting very frustrated as it keeps losing it signal, so apps like maps are rendered useless i am missing calls and messages etc . I have had a read on lots of forums and its seems a very common problem but there or no real solutions. Can you help please

Xochitl Shatt
  • Forum posts: 7

May 5, 2015, 7:16:51 AM via Website

Can i get it easily in AUS...?

Daniel Johnson

Jul 26, 2016, 11:28:22 PM via Website

hi
i have a samsung galaxy s4 gt I9500
theres no LTE option just GSM/WCDMA
I was wondering if there was a way to get like a mod or update?