Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — Galaxy Note 2 - Does "Move to sd card" button really move all the app?

• Replies:3
netaddict
  • Forum posts: 6

Feb 16, 2014, 12:53:19 PM via Website

A new member who is writing his fist forum entry

— modified on Feb 17, 2014, 3:17:54 PM by moderator

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Feb 16, 2014, 11:43:48 PM via App

Welcome to the forum. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Sinkster

netaddict
  • Forum posts: 6

Feb 17, 2014, 7:01:00 AM via Website

Thanks Sinkster for the welcome!

I just bought a new Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition. The only capacity available in this country was 16 G. I also installed a
32G external sd flash card. I noticed that all the apps got installed into the internal memory so I moved them to the external flash drive. Does pressing the "move to sd card" button really move all the app?

I ask this because after moving I checked the contents of the sd card via the file manager but didn't find any extra files?

PS. My note 10.1 is not rooted yet

— modified on Feb 17, 2014, 7:03:09 AM

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Feb 17, 2014, 2:56:32 PM via Website

Moving an app to the sd card moves most of the data and creates a link between the app in the internal memory and the data on the card. If you're not rooted then your file reader will ignore the folder with the app data as it's still part of the system, a lot of apps do this anyway if they use a lot of recources such as graphic data, etc. If you can connect to your PC/laptop you should be able to see the files; on Windows enable the 'see hidden files' option and you'll see folders beginning with a '.'.

Sinkster