Google Now Launcher

• Replies:4
Randall Gautreaux
  • Forum posts: 24

Feb 16, 2014, 3:16:28 PM via Website

I have a Samsung Galaxy III Mini and was wondering if anyone has/had used the Google Now Launcher? I have thought about installing it but just wonder how many people have tried it and are now using it? What is any or the let downs of it..:kid:Thanks for any response to this thread.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Feb 16, 2014, 5:09:31 PM via Website

I use it as it's the stock launcher on KitKat. I've used several launchers (ADW+, Nova Prime, Apex, Aviate, SFLauncher, Action Launcher, and so on...) on my phones before, but on the Nexus with KitKat the stock launcher works really well for me, especially now that UK English has been enabled for the 'OK Google' feature.
Pros: Smooth, Intuitive, Google Now built in; basically it's been well designed.
Cons: Not customisable as such, though if you're rooted there are some Xposed modules that let you change grid size, the number/size of icons in the hotseat, removing the searchbar etc.
If you're running 4.4+ then it's worth trying. There are a few free variations on the play store which are fully customisable but they lack the full Google Now integration.

Sinkster

Randall Gautreaux
  • Forum posts: 24

Feb 16, 2014, 5:27:04 PM via Website

Thanks for the quick reply sinkster.

Turmin
  • Forum posts: 12

Feb 19, 2014, 12:48:57 PM via Website

Coolll