LG G2 Rooting problem? Please help..

• Replies:1
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 18, 2014, 2:46:22 AM via Website

So, I bought my G2 at the beginning of janurary (my provider is Verizon, just for the record), and its got this severe lag issue. I read somewhere that rooting my phone could lead to a solution for that, which is great because I like my phone! but im having such trouble with the entire process. i was wondering if someone could help me out!

ive been using the rooting tutorial on this website to try to get things working, and it wont let me post a link since i just signed up.

here's exactly what happened when I tried to follow the steps on the tutorial.

I already had my phone plugged in to my laptop to start with, because it took a day and a half, plus two reboots of my computer, to get it to recognize the drivers for my phone (the classic "driver has malfunctioned" error is abundant here). i spent quite a while trying to get my computer to see my phone as a phone, not a 'USB charge only interface'. Bleh.

i went through to settings and saw that the 'developer options' tab was already available! So I clicked on it and made sure that USB Debugging was enabled. I had already downloaded the zip file with the root files in it, so I extracted those to their own folder and then clicked on the root.bat like instructed.

The little cmd box pops up and I hit a key and it starts looking for my device, like expected. And after that.. nothing. I waited two hours for it to find my device and it won't budge. Can anyone offer up advice? Please?

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Mar 16, 2014, 10:31:25 PM via Website

Seems like you fell through the cracks here. Sorry for the absence of replies. I hope you've found some help somewhere.

If not, here's what I know:
Well, correction, here's what I can guess:
You might still be having driver issues that are causing you problems. Generally speaking if it can't find your device in the rooting command line, that's the cause. I'm not so familiar with LG devices because I've never owned one, but this has happened to me with Motorola phones before. My advice would be two things: (a) Try doing a factory reset on your phone. Make sure everything is synced and backed up to your Google account first (particularly your contacts and app purchases). That might clear any issues that are preventing you from connecting to your computer, and may even clear the lag. If that doesn't work, you might consider doing a Google search for your drivers and see if you can find them elsewhere than LG's website. I've had experiences with Samsung like that, where the drivers would be available from Samsung but wouldn't work.

Let me know if that helps!

--I do a good impression of myself--