Samsung Gear Fit - first thoughts

• Replies:0
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Mar 5, 2014, 5:29:41 PM via Website

When I saw the Gear Fit at MWC 2014 my first thought was ''that's what the Gear should have looked like''.

Regardless of the fitness/S Health applications for the Gear Fit, the design itself is striking and really quite nice. Featuring the first curved AMOLED touchscreen display on a wearable the device looks like it promises a lot and is stylish to boot. The display is also at a nicer aspect ratio than most of the other thin wristband fitness wearables around right now.

As far as functionality goes it's all par for the course: accelerometer, gyroscope, step counter, access notifications, answer calls (I couldn't test this though) and of course the ubiquitous Samsung heart rate monitor.

Despite kind of doing everything that all the other fitness wearables already do, there's something X Factorish about the Gear fit because I actually quite like it. I ''think'' it's the aspect ratio of the display, but I'm not sure. Still, if it makes a fitness wearable skeptic like me think twice it must be doing something at least a little bit right.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting