need office that...

• Replies:6
Yossi Natanson
  • Forum posts: 10

Mar 8, 2014, 11:08:42 AM via Website

hi, I need office app, but have 2 unique needs:

1- I need to run presentation. Not only to see it, but to run the slide show (for example: click to display the next line in the slide)
2- I want to use .mdb (access) files. The best will be to run scripts in forms etc, but only view and look for record will do

ideas?
thanks

Marym Mahmoud
  • Forum posts: 105

Mar 18, 2014, 7:18:56 AM via Website

following your post

Android Geek Blogger Best Android Launcher

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Mar 21, 2014, 1:57:22 AM via Website

I don't know of any Android app that will do presentations AND run Access files. I would guess the Office apps out there might run presentations, but I've never tried. Why do you need to do it on an Android device, just out of curiosity? You can't easily hook them up to projectors or show presentations on them.

As for Access files, you might want to just hunt around in the Google store, but I don't know of much that handles Access files well because they can be huge.

--I do a good impression of myself--

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Mar 21, 2014, 8:16:46 AM via Website

Well like, @Joel said presentation can be run on Android device, but I am also doubtful about the working of .mdb file well, i guess the problem is I have tried doing this piece of experiment, but as soon as I heard from @Joel I move forward and hit on the Google and found an app name "Panacea Database" available on the playstore that runs .mdb file. Now, I have done my part that's Googling round :D rest I'll leave with you @Yossi i.e. testing wether it works or not !! And please do share if it works. :)

Fran Harkonan

Mar 24, 2014, 9:07:42 PM via Website

Following since I am also interested.

Fran Harkonan

Mar 24, 2014, 9:09:01 PM via Website

Just wondering, wouldn't Office365 work to do this?

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Mar 25, 2014, 3:46:22 AM via Website

@Fran Last I checked, Office365 doesn't have an Android version. Also last I checked, the iOS mobile apps for MS Office were pretty pricey and by monthly subscription. I think it's Microsoft's ploy to get people to buy Windows RT tablets.

--I do a good impression of myself--