Android app that "listens" to the data traffic of the device

• Replies:3
hagay b.g
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 12, 2014, 2:17:36 PM via Website

Hey,

I'm new to the forum annd to android app devenlopment all together..

i'm trying to figure out if its possible for me (with my limited knowledge) to create an app that would "listen" to the 3g/wifi data traffic of the device and look for certain packets of data and then perform a task.

for example: i'm using any kind of browser available and i had pressed on a link i saw on a certain website - i want my app to capture that and that the link i pressed will not have any effect on the browser (new window etc.), but it will open my app instead. could this be done ? can i do it ? (very simple monitoring app)

any information or recommendations you can throw my way will be greatly appriciated.

thanks,

Hagay b.

hagay b.g

Mar 16, 2014, 8:38:47 AM via Website

anyone ? please ?

thanks !

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Mar 16, 2014, 10:49:09 PM via Website

Can't really help you on this matter, but give it time, no need to rush ... you only just posted your first post this morning :-)

--I do a good impression of myself--

hagay b.g

Mar 17, 2014, 7:46:40 AM via Website

Hey,

First post was at march 12.

I thought it would be easier to get an answer - after all, for example, if you are browsing and clicking on a certain link of an app for your android - the browser doen't lead you to the website, but to the "google play" app. could this be done for a diffrent kind of link ?

thanks.