how much can i learn from developer.android.com

• Replies:3
Siddhartha Kamalakara
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 15, 2014, 6:24:22 PM via App

i am an absolute beginner. I have never written a line of code except HTML and CSS . can i start learning from android dev. if yes, up to what level can i reach with the help of dev like can i create a game like flappy bird and how much time will it take to learn complete course from dev assuming 8 hours a day. can I create an app like S Suggest in Samsung smart phones after learning from devs

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Mar 16, 2014, 10:56:39 PM via Website

Phew, hard question to answer. Really, it depends entirely on you. If you've never programmed before, you'll have a lot to work against, but I've known people who have taught themselves to program in a weekend. And then there's me: I've taken classes and still can't program to save my own life.

Basically, you're the only one who can answer that question, but here's hoping you do well!

--I do a good impression of myself--

Ajayi Oluwafikayo
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 20, 2014, 2:12:23 PM via Website

You will usually refer there for your been an android developer but you will need to read books in conjunction with the documentation on the android official site.

Rackor
  • Forum posts: 19

Mar 25, 2014, 12:27:12 PM via Website

what a question...why dont you just take a look isntead of asking here it its helpful...
if you never had dealt with java...dev. hp wont help you...although it learns you all basics of android you still need java basics, cause android is in some way an advanced java...so just use google for java basics, such as class, object defintion...implementing method etc...when you have the basics...dev. do everything else for you..
last, one thing to say...in my opinion programming needs a lot of indendence and interest...by posting this question, i dont rly think you can afford the first one...for you, i hope i am wrong