Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — GPS Issue

• Replies:4
Jack
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 21, 2014, 6:19:00 PM via Website

Anybody has GPS signal detection issue here? N9005 4.4.2 keep having trouble finding the gps signal

Abu TaufanIman

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Mar 24, 2014, 11:31:38 AM via Website

Hi Jack,

Many users have been reporting this problem with the Note 3 around the world. Users say that the device has an extremely hard time finding and holding a GPS signal. There are several variations of the problem but they all center around the inability to hold a GPS signal down. This seems to be a software issue, so hopefully a fix will be rolled out to Note 3's to fix this.

A third-party application that also uses location services may be disrupting the GPS service. If you have recently installed apps that use location or GPS services, try disabling them first, reboot your phone and see if that solves the problem. If so, there no other way to keep the service running but to uninstall those apps. If you’re not sure what apps may be causing the problem, you may need to do a factory reset but you have to backup all your important data first. After doing a factory reset, don’t install other apps yet. Instead, test the GPS service to see if it disconnects or loses signal.

Abu Taufan

Iman
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 25, 2014, 9:28:08 AM via Website

Hi all

I have the same problem

Since I have updated to 4.4.2 GPS is very unstable. One day I couldn't get any location at all and I gave up using the phone for navigation. Sometimes it works but intermittently looses the GPS lock. Checking the GPS Test software I noticed it locks to 12-14 satellites and suddenly it looses everything and starts from 0 satellites. It is like it periodically resets itself.

So frustrating. With all these bells and whistles they cannot make something flawless. They fix a problem and they make another problem. The battery was awful before 4.4.2. now the battery is much better and the gps is awful.

Abu Taufan

Karen Kovalski Jacson Nunes
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 18, 2016, 8:04:25 PM via Website

For SOLVE problems with GPS in galaxy note 3, see this video

open youtube site and paste this text in search:

Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 Recepção GPS Ruim RESOLVIDO - Fix Galaxy Note 3 N9005 GPS Signal