Need help - identical devices, different playstore!

• Replies:5
Magenta
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 27, 2014, 10:23:02 AM via Website

My aunt and I each have a Kobo Arc, identical specifications, both running the same version of Android, both with the latest version of the Play Store.

The problem is that whereas mine can access all of the Play Store - paid apps, etc - my aunt can only see free items on hers, and many of the popular apps display the 'not available in your country' notice. YET WE BOTH LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE, SO IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION!

She has the Google wallet feature enabled and has £10 credit - from a gift card - but is unable to spend it.

Does anyone have any suggestions, we'd be ever so grateful! Thank you in anticipation.

BTW, I live in Jersey, Channel Islands, UK... Other family members in the same house who have other Android devices have no problems with the Play Store, just my poor auntie!

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 39

Mar 27, 2014, 10:36:57 AM via Website

Perhaps Google don't want your aunt to spend money so quickly :P .

As john said below !

— modified on Mar 27, 2014, 12:47:35 PM

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Mar 27, 2014, 12:37:34 PM via Website

Well, In my opinion I think your aunt has selected the region where some apps might not be available, I you need to change the region of gmail account and that's just easy one, firstly you need to login to your Google account, then goto the settings, select the edit profile and there you will see the country option then change the country according to the region you are ! :grin:

There is no need to create any other account !! :D Let me know if it helps you !

Magenta

Mar 28, 2014, 6:37:46 PM via Website

Thanks, John, will give that a try and let you know! -_-

Magenta

Apr 25, 2014, 7:23:19 PM via Website

Well, quick update - we had a poke around in the gmail settings but couldn't find anything to do with editing the profile / region.:(

BUT - a few days ago my aunt turned her Kobo on as usual, anf noticed that the Play Store was looking different, and she now had the option to buy apps! We're not sure what happened, but it now seems sorted. :D

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 28, 2014, 9:16:17 AM via Website

Magenta

Well, quick update - we had a poke around in the gmail settings but couldn't find anything to do with editing the profile / region.:(

BUT - a few days ago my aunt turned her Kobo on as usual, anf noticed that the Play Store was looking different, and she now had the option to buy apps! We're not sure what happened, but it now seems sorted. :D

well, that's just great news all sorted out itself !! :D