Which communication App is the best?

• Replies:3
Miranda Kay
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 27, 2014, 4:13:00 PM via Website

Hi everyone, I am new to thread. I moved abroad about one year ago and have been using Skype to call landlines and mobile numbers in the US. Lately, I haven't had as much money, so I have been searching for an app that will allow free calling to the US from Bolivia (South America).

The best I have found so far is Airetalk. While it is not free for landline and mobile calling, the rates are much lower than Skype and the sound quality is better than Skype as well. Airetalk seems to be the best communication app I have found so far because it offers a ton of features like text messaging and walkie talkie, but the problem is not many people I know are on Airetalk.

Anybody out there know of any other communication apps that are free? Has anyone else tried airetalk or other communication apps besides Skype? If so, please tell me your experiences or favorite app.

— modified on Mar 27, 2014, 4:13:45 PM

Lalit

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Mar 28, 2014, 2:09:56 AM via Website

Using a VPN in conjunction with Google Voice allowed me to make free phone calls to the US the entire time I was in China. Google allows (or used to) free phone calls between US numbers, and a VPN tricks your device into thinking it's in the US (depending on who makes the VPN).

--I do a good impression of myself--

Deactivated AccountLalit

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Mar 28, 2014, 6:04:40 AM via Website

@Joel well, even I'd also like to know there is such trick available, please share me the trick to configure it, I am using Skype to call my friends but I really like to know if gmail or any trick can give me free calling ??? Please share the whole trick. :V

dozzzl
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 9, 2014, 11:22:44 PM via Website

I use skype and whatsapp, these are most popular I guess