How often to you charge the battery of your Android device?

• Replies:23
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 8

Jun 10, 2014 10:49:02 AM via Website

Good articles @kris on saving batteries and understanding what phone features use up energy. I'm kinda surprised to see a lot of people still wearing their batteries down completely when there are heaps of articles explaining that today's lithium batteries need charging a little and often, but I guess that's because owners have no choice where so many of today's phones have such poor battery life.

With an app like MyPhoneExplorer (, it's easy to be syncing the phone's contacts/calendar/photos to a computer, and that forces you to charge it periodically on USB without making a special effort :*, rather than wait until the battery's almost dead.:'(

This Moto G tends to last 1.5 to 2 days, according to the monthly rolling average measured by an app called Battery Drain Analyzer (, which feels about right for actual usage. The only features/apps which bring it below a day are ones like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS all on together, and 3D games, but even then it will last a full day. It seems like manufacturers are getting back to balancing uptime with performance - hurray! because that's what customers are crying out for (, so hopefully we'll return to the 1-2 week lifetimes that used to exist with feature phones. :)

• Forum posts: 11

Jun 19, 2014 11:37:34 AM via Website

once every night. All phones now have terrible battery life lol.

• Forum posts: 88

Aug 12, 2014 8:51:30 AM via Website

I generally charged my S5 at night but in evening battery becomes low so i generally carry my power bank, but if i forgot it i have to suffer with low battery problem.