What happened to the legacy swiftkey for tablets?

• Replies:5
Gary Tunnicliff
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 1, 2014, 12:05:52 PM via Website

Hello how do I upgrade from legacy swiftkey purchased on app centre to Google play?

— modified on May 8, 2014, 3:59:56 PM by moderator

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

May 8, 2014, 11:10:18 AM via Website

Hi @Gary, I'm not entirely sure what you mean? If you've purchased SwiftKey already what upgrade are you talking about? Or do you mean an update? Are you not getting SwiftKey updates?

If you mean the Tablet version of SwiftKey that doesn't exist anymore, you need to get a refund on the old version to then purchase the new ''combined'' version of SwiftKey, which you can get from us once we've credited your account. If this is the case, just let me know and I'll get the ball rolling.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Gary Tunnicliff

May 8, 2014, 11:16:31 AM via Website

Hi Kris

Yes I bought the legacy version and it just stated email where you bought it and they'd do the upgrade. So I just needed a way to keep the app

Gary

Kris Carlon

May 8, 2014, 11:24:12 AM via Website

Hi Gary, thanks for the prompt reply.

So, just to be clear: you would like us to refund your legacy version purchase price so you can upgrade to the new version with both tablet and phone support? Because that is the only method we have of handling the upgrade. Not exactly efficient, but it works!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Gary Tunnicliff

May 8, 2014, 11:37:53 AM via Website

Hi Kris

Ok unfortunately I bought on offer so fairly useless.

Gaz

Kris Carlon

May 8, 2014, 12:23:15 PM via Website

Hi Gary, I'll put through the refund anyway so you at least have some new app-spending money. No point having a paid-for app that you can't use anymore. Especially if a refund is on offer!

Update: your refund has gone through. happy shopping!

— modified on May 8, 2014, 12:41:34 PM