Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — Note 3 SM-N9005 v4.3 Build N9005XXUDMJ6 - PROBLEMS WITH DEVICE

• Replies:2
tuffguy
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 12, 2014, 10:56:14 AM via Website

Hello all

New to Android and new to Samsung. I would be grateful for help with 2 problems to start with.

1 - When I make a call, the device locks me out during the call. I have screen timeout set to 5 minutes but the lock out occurs in just a few seconds. I use an alpha password to access device. Has anybody had a similar experience, know of the problem, and/or have a solution please?

2 - Battery life is often short. Exchange services seems to be the largest ongoing data user that is regularly operating and I suspect that may be a part of the problem. There are 3 email accounts that feed in and I need to have the emails and contents of all folders to hand whilst receiving emails in real time that set to delay. Any suggestions please?

tuffguy

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 14, 2014, 8:29:48 AM via Website

Hey @tuffguy,

1 - When I make a call, the device locks me out during the call. I have screen timeout set to 5 minutes but the lock out occurs in just a few seconds. I use an alpha password to access device. Has anybody had a similar experience, know of the problem, and/or have a solution please?

Ans: Just goto the Settings>Lockscreen>LockAutomatically>change it to 5min. :lol:

2 - Battery life is often short. Exchange services seems to be the largest ongoing data user that is regularly operating and I suspect that may be a part of the problem. There are 3 email accounts that feed in and I need to have the emails and contents of all folders to hand whilst receiving emails in real time that set to delay. Any suggestions please?

Ans: Well you can't do anything about battery life try installing some battery saver application as it will help you in closing the applications running into the background. You can change the frequency of emails by going to the settings of the Email client on you device and changing the sync schedule settings of your device. :rolleyes:

tuffguy
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 14, 2014, 10:19:58 AM via Website

Thanks John

I have gone to Lock Automatically and it only offers me one option - Immediately - and the white cancel bar does not deselect it. Is there something else that affects what I see under Lock Automatically?

tuffguy