Samsung Galaxy S3 — Battery problems

• Replies:3
Claire Fleming
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 16, 2014, 7:48:10 PM via Website

Hi, I'm new to this so don't know if this is in the right place but i have a galaxy S3 which is less than a year old and it has suddenly having some problems with the battery. It will not charge when the phone is turned on and even when it is off it takes forever (normally takes 2-3 hours to charge fully, now takes about 12 hours). I don't have a spare battery or charger, is it worth getting a new battery or charger to see if it will make a difference or is there something else i can do? Has anyone had a similar problem before?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 17, 2014, 7:57:52 AM via Website

Well, i would say try buying a new battery it looks like the battery isn't charging properly or what you can do is try to put your battery in your friend s3 and then try charging, if it still takes a time then I am definitely sure that problem is at the with the battery and go for purchasing a new battery!

Peter Brownp
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 28, 2014, 11:16:04 PM via Website

I have found that the usb charging cable when connected to a PC USB port takes much longer to charge probably due to the current restrictions on such a device. My phone charges far quicker through a mains or car charger which has much higher current capabilities.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Dec 29, 2014, 4:45:35 PM via Website

Well, @Peter exactly charging via USB port takes long because the voltage output of the USB port is pretty much little when compared with the mains or car charger, i.e. with USB Max. voltage, 5.00±0.25 V while with the mains or car charger its 12V. Just by seeing this you can get the idea what I am trying to say here ! :)