Tablet cannot connect to WiFi

• Replies:5
Ben Kauenhofen
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 18, 2014, 2:05:11 PM via Website

Hello everyone, I have bought an android tablet and am having issues connecting to my wifi and I can't find a driver or manual for it either. Just looking for some help as I am not by any means "tech-savvy". The specs on what I have are:

Processor: DualCore-A23 Model: GT90H Android Version: 4.2.2 Firmware Version: v2.0.9 Kernel Version: 3.4.39

Any help of advice would be greatly appreciated.

— modified on Apr 23, 2014, 10:36:42 AM by moderator

AJ STA ANA
  • Forum posts: 54

Apr 18, 2014, 4:47:06 PM via Website

Have you tried restarting your tablet?,if that does not work try restarting your router.

----

Ben Kauenhofen

Apr 18, 2014, 5:36:40 PM via Website

I have in fact tried restarting both and still no good. Do you know if the age of the router would have anything to do with it? Thank you for replying.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 21, 2014, 8:41:57 AM via Website

@Ben Well, this just seems weird i don't think that this has to do anything with the router age. Well, Why don't you goto the router settings and change its channel to auto I think this has to do something with the channel !! :? or try adding your device to the trusted list. Hope this helps ! :?

— modified on Apr 21, 2014, 8:42:16 AM

Ben Kauenhofen

Apr 21, 2014, 4:04:18 PM via Website

John Farrell, thank you for your help. I went into the settings and found that the router was already on auto so while I was in there I turned off the password protection and that seemed to do it. I now just have to figure out why the tablet wouldn't work with the password on. Thank you again.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 23, 2014, 7:32:09 AM via Website

@Ben Does it works with other devices? or the problem is with this tablet only ? I mean I am sure you are having other mobile devices, laptops etc are they connecting with the router at an ease ?? If they are working means...... :? Check in your router settings there is a option of number of devices that can be connected set it to <10 I think if you have chosen lesser number there ........ :) try this one too in the mean time I'll digg some more onto it .... And yes which router you are using i mean the model number ... etc ??

— modified on Apr 23, 2014, 7:33:33 AM