Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 — Security Certificate Message

• Replies:2
James G.
  • Forum posts: 8

Apr 18, 2014, 4:25:25 PM via Website

Is there anything to be concerned about when downloading from Official Google Play Store when a warning message appears relating to a certificate, the options are go back, view certificate, or continue.

I take it this is part of the Credential Storage?

I've had a look at my settings under this section and notice that there is an option to Install Certificates from storage, if I click on this it tells me I have no certificate file found on the SD card.

When these certificate messages appear are we meant to install them and not install if there is a warning?

I downloaded yesterday from Google Play Store a reputable application and yet I received that warning message, any ideas as I was a bit concerned being that I was attempting this on an external Wi-Fi.

— modified on Apr 18, 2014, 4:27:05 PM

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 21, 2014, 9:24:56 AM via Website

Well, i think it might be popping out because Ace 2 has almost grown old :P I guess this might be the reason it is asking for installing certificate, In my opinion as long as you keep using the Google Play store for downloading the apps, there is just no need of getting horrified. :)

James G.
  • Forum posts: 8

Apr 21, 2014, 12:11:06 PM via Website

John Farrell

Well, i think it might be popping out because Ace 2 has almost grown old :P I guess this might be the reason it is asking for installing certificate, In my opinion as long as you keep using the Google Play store for downloading the apps, there is just no need of getting horrified. :)

Thank you for your reply.

The same message popped up when registering for cloud Wi-Fi too, I assumed it would be safe to hit on continue being that it's a common Wi-Fi app that M&S use and many other outlets.

I don't think there was an option to install the certificate though just the 3 options I mentioned on the OP, perhaps there is an option to install when viewing the certificate but I can't remember.