Please help! My note 2 is freaking out!

• Replies:2
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 16

Apr 20, 2014, 7:12:39 PM via App

I've tried rooting my note 2 recently. I'm completly new to rooting, big noob :).

After trying to root odin said rooting was complete but then I downloaded an app to check my root and it said it wasn't rooted.

Also a notification keeps popping up about samsung security notice and if I long hold to check app info it tells me it is Knox notification maneger.

Furthermore some other apps that can use root for more features has been asking for root permission because they think I'm rooted

Is there anyone with a solution? Please help!

BTW I'm rocking Note 2 N7105 with android 4.3 and if anyone cares my buildnumber is JSS15J.N7105XXUEMK5.

Please excuse any spelling errors if there are any. Swedish FTW ;)

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Apr 20, 2014, 11:08:27 PM via Website

If you're running 4.3 then you'll have the Samsung knox bootloader, which was basically an attempt by Samsung to prevent rooting. It can be rooted though, the instructions are on xda here; read the thread thoroughly, as I now zilch about Samsung rooting/modding procedures using odin.

Sinkster

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 105

Jul 22, 2017, 11:28:01 AM via App

Adrian Bäckman

I've tried rooting my note 2 recently. I'm completly new to rooting, big noob :).

After trying to root odin said rooting was complete but then I downloaded an app to check my root and it said it wasn't rooted.

Also a notification keeps popping up about samsung security notice and if I long hold to check app info it tells me it is Knox notification maneger.

Furthermore some other apps that can use root for more features has been asking for root permission because they think I'm rooted

Is there anyone with a solution? Please help!

BTW I'm rocking Note 2 N7105 with android 4.3 and if anyone cares my buildnumber is JSS15J.N7105XXUEMK5.

Please excuse any spelling errors if there are any. Swedish FTW ;)

Do I hate the S4 Mini?