How do I get Google Play apps through AndroidPIT?

• Replies:2
paul
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 29, 2014, 12:58:48 PM via Website

I recently got a trekstor surftab 7.0 tablet an its got Androidpit on it and I am used to Google play . but I cant get any apps on androidpit like Sky news and ideal home app like I can on google play any ideals please

— modified on May 8, 2014, 4:00:46 PM by moderator

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Apr 29, 2014, 2:48:58 PM via Website

There are a few options, but also a few problems. Before you do anything, go to settings/security and tick the 'install apps from unknown scources' box. Download the latest Google Play apk from here, transfer to your sdcard/internal memory, and install it. It should work, but might not be fully functional as you may need Google Play Services as your tablet has not been licensed by Google (nothing wrong there, just cost-cutting by the manufacturer). According to our French forum, the tablet is already rooted which means you could move the Play Store to system apps, but to actually install Google Play Services to an unlicensed device is a little shady, and I can't give you advice on that here. Your other options would be to use the Amazon App Store or another app store (there are a few that don't rely on Google Play being installed, but once again they tend to offer paid apps for free and I won't pass that on here).

Sinkster

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

May 8, 2014, 10:40:04 AM via Website

Hey @Paul, as @Sinkster noted, there are lots of other alternatives app stores you can try, although there may be region restirctions too depending on where you are based. Sadly, the apps in our app center are entirely dependent on the developers, so if they don't upload their apps (or newer versions of their apps) then we don't have the right to distribute them on their behalf.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting