Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — neither wifi nor hotspot will turn on my Galaxy Note 2

• Replies:42
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 39

Jan 19, 2015 5:29:00 AM via Website

If its under warranty period than why don't you slam your phone in a face of that shopkeeper.

• Forum posts: 2

Jan 27, 2015 7:13:05 PM via Website

As stated below the real fix is to rap the phone back on a bedpost about 5 times, and all of a sudden wifi just works fine. Just hit the back, it really fixes it instantly, before you go resetting and learning every setting and
booting with no sim and all that clear cach stuff.

Jan 27, 2015 7:18:18 PM via Website

Just rap on the back of the phone 5 times, and wifi reappears and you see all those networks and the wifi slider stays on. This really works - 2 days wasted trying everything else on the net. It is some internal connector problem people with cannot get wifi to connect are having on galaxy note 2 android.

• Forum posts: 1

Mar 21, 2015 12:46:10 PM via Website

Make sure that your gps is enabled. It worked for me.

Mar 23, 2015 4:39:26 AM via Website

sho clone

had the same issue ,how about bluetooth ....if its out as well it could be your Motherboard that was my fix ,tep fix is smacking carefully on back of phone

Lmao had to create an account here because I smacked the back of my GN2 and it's fix. When I first read this I was like "Is this post for real?" It is for real alright. My Wi-Fi troubles are gone. Smack that phone! Haha That used to be the fix for every electronic when I was growing up lol

• Forum posts: 3

May 1, 2015 2:13:10 PM via Website

How shud i hit it exactly

May 1, 2015 2:14:55 PM via Website

William Ericson

As stated below the real fix is to rap the phone back on a bedpost about 5 times, and all of a sudden wifi just works fine. Just hit the back, it really fixes it instantly, before you go resetting and learning every setting and
booting with no sim and all that clear cach stuff.

How shud i hit it

May 1, 2015 2:15:20 PM via Website

William Ericson

Just rap on the back of the phone 5 times, and wifi reappears and you see all those networks and the wifi slider stays on. This really works - 2 days wasted trying everything else on the net. It is some internal connector problem people with cannot get wifi to connect are having on galaxy note 2 android.

My wifi and bluetooth is not working what shud i do :(

May 13, 2015 8:48:53 PM via Website

Hit it like a pimp, hit it from the back.

Jun 6, 2015 12:31:39 PM via Website

when i did it the phone went blank ,
then i removed the battery and touched the back and front of screen so it will have contact my screen broke (but it did work :P ).
then also wifi didnt turn on.
then i again tried tapping the phone again , same thing phone turned blank. again broke screen (this time on the top side)
phone turned on ...
hope 3rd time tapping brings me luck :D

Jun 22, 2015 6:01:23 AM via Website

It worked for me as well. WTF!! I mean what are the odds.

Jul 10, 2015 2:30:51 PM via Website

it worked for me too! came here to say thank you!

— modified on Jul 10, 2015 2:31:21 PM

Aug 14, 2015 8:47:41 AM via Website

Addison Conzet

I know im late to the thread, but my brother has this phone, and all i had to do was hit the back of the phone firmly a few times. worked like a charm

http ://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-pro/235830-droid-pro-wifi-wont-turn.html

(remove the space after http. they dont allow links in posts)

Thank u big help.. i have the same problem... and i tap tap the back.. and works well.... i spent time thinking whats wrong . even erase all my apps. and recordings just to reset

Oct 24, 2015 4:40:59 PM via Website

Actually thanks to sanjay i found out the solution by turning on bluetooth and wifi together
The other solutions didn't work but this did maybe ur phone is the same

Nov 14, 2015 11:48:52 PM via Website

The "tap...tap" method worked for the 1st few times....then just quit! Pulled the unit apart, used my rework heat gun and heated up the IC, scrapped clean the contact surface on the back cover and stretched the spring contact a bit. Put back together and now BOTH WIFI and Bluetooth are now working! Hope this helps and good luck!

Jan 14, 2016 5:18:46 PM via Website

I had the same problem.
I tried every possible way be it factory reset or hard reset or soft reset and what ultimately worked was your solution. Three taps !!
Truly lifesaving. Thanks a ton !!

Jan 19, 2016 3:25:57 AM via Website

Tap method did not work. Some reason when I loosen the screws on the back just half turn wifi started to work.

Mar 27, 2016 3:10:56 AM via Website

Not gonna lie, I had a feeling that I would end up breaking my phone by tapping it. But surprisingly enough, it actually worked. I was laughing so hard afterwards that I was literally in tears. Go figure, 21st century technology, just gotta beat on it a bit lmfao

Apr 6, 2016 9:46:21 PM via Website

Omg I can't believe this worked . just hit it hard and this dam wifi did turn on . holy crap . thanks man

Apr 18, 2016 10:39:08 PM via Website

Rich Gibson

Guess this likely the cause of some update (not sure which)... but for the past week, I cannot move the slider (successfully) from Off to On for either Wifi or Hotspot (I do pay for a hotspot). Slider gives a greyed out 'on', stays that way for about 15 seconds and moves back to off. No error message at all. Taking the battery out and rebooting does nothing to fix. I've had the phone for 18 months or so without any issues... any assistance would be appreciated.

--Rich