My paid-for app (mSecure) will not reinstall on my new device

• Replies:6
Karlheinz Stampka
  • Forum posts: 5

May 2, 2014, 8:28:59 AM via Website

Dear all,
my galaxy s2 died recently, I got myself a new S4.
All my apps have got reinstalled by Google, except mSecure witch I purchased thru android store.
I have contacted msecure support, but the couldn't help me, because the problem seems to be at the android store.

Can you help me, because I need the information which I is still in my msecure save.
My s2 died totaly there is no way to being ìt started.

Regards Karlheinz

— modified on May 8, 2014, 3:59:26 PM by moderator

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

May 8, 2014, 10:23:04 AM via Website

Have you tried reinstalling it through the AndroidPIT app? if you bought it through us I expect you'd have to reinstall it through us, not the Play Store.

The only problem I can see is that unless all of your mSecure passwords are stored in the cloud that you will have lost them locally on your S2.

Let me know how you go though!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Karlheinz Stampka

May 8, 2014, 10:46:05 AM via Website

Hi Kris, thanks for answering. Yes I tried to reinstall it thru android, but it automatically forward me to the play store.
Shall I send you the print screen
Regards Karlheinz

Kris Carlon

May 8, 2014, 12:27:28 PM via Website

Hi, sure, send it through. We can help you get mSecure back, either through some troubleshooting or a refund, but I'm a little worried about your passwords, as if they aren't cloud-secured they will have died with your S2. Have you tried any Android recovery software to see if you can still pull data off the device? You might be able to snatch the apk and data if so.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Karlheinz Stampka

May 9, 2014, 10:54:22 AM via Website

Hi Kris,

I still hope to get my PSW back.

I attach some Screens, the are numbered in the order of my action response.

I do not anderstand what do you mean by recovery software
"Have you tried any Android recovery software to see if you can still pull data off the device? You might be able to snatch the apk and data if so."

User uploaded photo
User uploaded photo
User uploaded photo
User uploaded photo
User uploaded photo

Kris Carlon

May 12, 2014, 9:42:56 AM via Website

Ah, I see! You need to reinstall apps with our App Center app, not with the new AndroidPIT app v2.x. Confusing I know, but all of your app activity through AndroidPIT (purchases, installs, updates etc) are still handled by our old App Center app.

The new AndroidPIT app only replaced the old ''content'' app (the one in the Play Store), not the old content app AND app center app. You can download the App Center here: https://www.nextpit.com/install (you're not allowed to put alternative app stores in Google Play, hence hosting it on our site). Just make sure you have ''Unknown Sources'' enabled in your Security settings (and then disable it afterwards)

Once you've installed the App Center app, log in and go to My Apps in the bottom right corner. Then you'll be able to reinstall mSecure. Let me know if you have any problems.

Karlheinz Stampka

May 13, 2014, 3:46:54 PM via Website

Hi Kris, thanks for your help. I have now all apps reinstalled.
But unfortunately still no access to my PSW.
Regards Karlheinz