How to Hard Reset the Galaxy Tab 3

• Replies:49
  • OpenStickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 30, 2016 8:54:07 PM via Website

I have been stuck in my sons kid mode lock screen and I can't figure out what he put as a password and I have tried to reset it with the power button and the home button method but it doesn't work (I know I left out the volume button)

Aug 18, 2016 9:39:59 PM via Website

I get the error screen and I go through the steps outlined but it doesn't work.

Then I get the following :

# MANUAL MODE #
-- Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : XAR
Successfully applied multi-CSC.

Then it just sit's there.

What next?

— modified on Aug 18, 2016 9:40:45 PM

Aug 29, 2016 11:17:25 AM via Website

I did factory reset on my galaxy tab e. it done well but the issue is i forgot my email id and password as well. now i need your help to fix this .. please help.

Sep 1, 2016 5:07:54 AM via Website

I've done these steps and such far it has reset but I'm still locked out as it keeps saying please enter the email sysned with this tablet which was my son's email should've been since it was a gift to him in the first place and the only one to set it up from the box. So now what do I do? Cause his tablet won't start up after this hard reset?????

Sep 30, 2016 4:11:47 AM via Website

hi, have you found a solution for your tablet's problem? Mines is acting the same way, it will show the logo such as "samsung galaxy tab 3" but then the screen just goes black right after that.

Oct 20, 2016 8:52:37 PM via Website

Thank you, that did work on mine.

Oct 25, 2016 11:59:12 AM via Website

download for ever not working

Nov 5, 2016 11:15:08 PM via Website

Here's what I found:

Step one: Power off device

Step two: Press the up button (next press the home button) finally press the power button so now all 3 are pressed together...once I saw the samsung logo pop up (after unsuccessful tries) I let go of all buttons and low and behold...the screen to select data reset appeared. From then I used the volume up and down to navigate between items....then selected the factory data reset option, clicking on the power button to select it, next I used arrows to go down to YES to get rid of all data and again click power button to select...and then voila!!!! It was magic.

I think they're wrong in saying you need to HOLD the 3 buttons UNTIL the green android appears..this only power cycled mine each time...when I held these 3 buttons together and then LET GO once the SAMSUNG logo appeared, the android guy finally came up.

Hopefully this helps someone else going nuts with this thing!!! Best of luck and blessings!

Nov 12, 2016 8:58:51 PM via Website

I am having the same issue my sonson tablet just blacks out very hard to turn on and sometimes won't charge.. is it donzo?

Dec 3, 2016 6:32:30 PM via Website

this is not working for mine . can someone help and possibly tell me another way to do this ?